Thread: Argus Reed Frogs, Red Footed Reed Frogs, Red Legged Running Frogs, and more!

Default Argus Reed Frogs, Red Footed Reed Frogs, Red Legged Running Frogs, and more!

Available frogs!

Baby Red Eyed Tree Frogs $24.99 each

Baby Leutino Red Eyed Tree Frogs $39.99 each

Subadult Female Tanzanian Pixie Frog $79.99 each

Adult Male Tanzanian Pixie Frog $79.99 each

Baby South African Pixie Frogs $29.99 each

Baby Green Pacman Frogs SALE PRICE! $14.99

Baby Albino Pacman Frogs SALE PRICE $17.99 each

Baby Fantasy Frog $26.99 each

Baby Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frogs $34.99 each

Baby Apricot Pacman Frogs $32.99 each

Chubby Frogs $12.99 each

Cuban Tree Frogs $12.99 each

Baby Tomato Frogs $19.99 each

Red Legged Running Frogs $15.99 each

Argus Reed Frogs $14.99 each

Red Footed Reed Frogs $12.99 each

Spanish Ribbed Newts $29.99 each

Available frogs updated daily here: Tree Frogs, Other Frogs & Amphibians

-Jen
    LLLReptile and Supply Co, Inc - Your one stop herp shops!
    "Like" us on Facebook for coupons, sales, and updates! - http://www.facebook.com/LLLReptile
    Sign up for Reptile Times, a totally FREE e-zine dedicated entirely to reptiles and amphibians!
    http://list.lllreptile.com/?p=subscribe&id=1

Andrew exotics

Default Re: Argus Reed Frogs, Red Footed Reed Frogs, Red Legged Running Frogs, and more!

Hey lllreptile great pics.i have a question about those argus reed frogs,do they call loud?And also they can eat pinheads right?,or are they on fruit flys or springtails?

Default Re: Argus Reed Frogs, Red Footed Reed Frogs, Red Legged Running Frogs, and more!

The argus look like Hyperolius mitchelli. Male argus are green, the females are orangeish with spots. Reed frogs have a very loud call and will not eat springtails generally. Unless there are babies or very small species they should eat something more substantial than flies. I feed them maybe twice a month but they really thrive on something larger like crickets or roaches. They have big mouths and are not picky.

Argus Reed Frogs Calling - YouTube - that's a video of some calling at one of our stores a while back. It's noticeable, but not so loud that you'll regret having them in your home. They are on small crickets - as birdsflybackwards noted, they need something bigger/more substantial than fruit flies. We offer ours small (1/4") size crickets, although I don't doubt in the slightest that they'd take something larger.

-Jen
    LLLReptile and Supply Co, Inc - Your one stop herp shops!
    "Like" us on Facebook for coupons, sales, and updates! - http://www.facebook.com/LLLReptile
    Sign up for Reptile Times, a totally FREE e-zine dedicated entirely to reptiles and amphibians!
    http://list.lllreptile.com/?p=subscribe&id=1

Shell

I temporarily had some painted reed frogs, which are very similar in size and habits to the argus.. I fed them on very large flies.. like the blowfly/bluefly type, which I caught wild as no feeder bugs for sale in my country. They loved them and swallowed 2 or 3 in rapid succession. I kept them for about 2 months and then released them as I didn't have a large tank setup that they deserved. They were nice and fat when I let them go My 5cents lol

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

I would love to buy a tomato frog but i am afraid I won't be able to get to canada.

Thread Information