Thread: Hello All.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Hello All.

Hello,

My name is Chris Sherman and I live in New England.
    I attempted dart frogs nearly 20 years ago. I had minimal sucess, mostly due to the method of fruit fly culturing I was using, and eventually gave up on them. About ten years ago I wandered into Black Jungle and found that they were using much larger fruit fly containers making the process much easier. I have been re-hooked ever since.
    I am afraid this time it may be permanent.

In 2012 I started designing and building terrariums from scratch under the name Sherman Tanks. As a result of a customer's requests, I came up with the "Sherman Vent" which is a popular method of venting custom terrariums that eliminates some of the problems associated with the "Euro Vent". I also mill my own glass track because commercially available products do not meet my standards.

As much as I enjoy these little creatures in our glass boxes, I prefer to know that these little gems exist in the real world. Mitigating the hobby's impact on wild frogs is a responsibility we all should take seriously. We cannot rely on others to do this for us. We cast a vote with every purchase we make. Simply deciding not to buy "Farm Raised" (a.k.a. wild collected) O. pumilio can have an impact. (If we all do it.)

I try to travel to see frogs in the wild when I can and have become active with some conservation projects. (CRARC and Tesoros de Colombia) If you have never visited these frogs in the wild, I encourage you to do so. There is no terrarium on earth that compares to the natural environment. It is a perspective changing experience you will never forget. You are bound to come back caring just a little more about these creatures and the lands they come from.
    Name:  Basti1323shareable.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  94.2 KB
    Oophaga pumilio in situ Bastimentos Island.

Tongue Flicker

Default Re: Hello All.

Hey chris welcome aboard!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Hello All.

Welcome, Sherman . It's nice to have you.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information