Thread: Greetings

Markahsf

Default Greetings

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark and within the next few weeks, I will be building a paludarium for some fire belly toads.

I recently graduated college and I live in the bay area of California.

I've never kept frogs before but I am highly experienced with aquariums, more specifically, planted tanks and reef tanks.

I know a lot about aquariums and aquatic plants and I've always wanted to have a paludarium but I have no idea where to begin. I'd like to start here.

Like I said, I have kept planted tanks for years now.

I'm currently working on an aquarium that has custom LEDs, co2 injection and a daily regimine of liquid fertilizers. It's the most complicated tank I've ever had but I still have much to learn from it.

It's only a couple months old but has a number of types of aquatic plants.

I hope to learn from everyone here before I buy my first fire bellied toad. I like to do lots of prep before ever introducing a living animal into any of my aquariums and I expect to have the same patience with frogs.

Thanks!!

Mark for California

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Greetings

Welcome to the forum, Mark .

Great aquarium!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Tongue Flicker

Default Re: Greetings

Hey mark welcome aboard!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello and welcome to FF Mark! You probably want to read this: Frog Forum - Fire-Bellied Toad Care and Breeding - Bombina orientalis and relatives and this http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...aludarium.html before starting your build thread. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

michael1846

Awesome aquarium I have bad lights, so i am java fern-ing my aquarium. what fish do you have in there? ~michael

Markahsf

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hello and welcome to FF Mark! You probably want to read this: Frog Forum - Fire-Bellied Toad Care and Breeding - Bombina orientalis and relatives and this http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...aludarium.html before starting your build thread. Good luck !
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by michael1846 View Post
    Awesome aquarium I have bad lights, so i am java fern-ing my aquarium. what fish do you have in there? ~michael
    Celestial pearl Danios, neons, ottos, and Panda Corys.

I plan on introducing some slow growers such as Anubias and Java Fern into my fbt tank. Java Fern is definitely my favorite low-light plant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 ACTIVE using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information