Thread: frog on the loose

klk

Default frog on the loose

please tell me if you have any ideas how i can find my dumpy tree frog he got loose in the house ive been searching everywhere.I put crickets in his tank hoping he will come to them or make some noise so i know where he could be.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: frog on the loose

Hello and welcome to FF! You can place frogs water dish in floor and add similar dishes in other house rooms to prevent frog from drying up. Using a flashlight do a thorough check throughout house to include basement with utilities. If there are any furniture with false bottom fronts (i.e. China cabinet etc.) it's a problem because frog could be hiding there and you would have to move all similar furniture carefully to do complete check. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Default frog on the loose

You can also set up a 10 gallon tank with a handful of crickets in it. Odds are, he'll find them, and hopefully you'll find him.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

klk

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    You can also set up a 10 gallon tank with a handful of crickets in it. Odds are, he'll find them, and hopefully you'll find him.
    HI THANKS FOR THE HELP ive tried the advice but still no luck havent heard from him and much searching and cleaning still no sign of my frogNot giving up on him yet i wonder how long he can survive....maybe he sneaking in and eating the crickets when im assleep.

Nationality
    [United States]

If it's a male wait until night time and play some video of WTF's calling from Youtube. This might get him going then you can track him down.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

7. This member thanks kueluck for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Any updates on the MIA?
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Nationality
    [United States]

Have you found your frog? I've had seversl escape too and it's the worst feeling, my heart sunk, then was racing, and my stomach was in knots
    I've got Gray Tree Frogs and they were still froglets when they made several escapes, but I managed to find them with unending searching and a little help from my cats!
    Here are a few these places that I found them: behind their tank, a couple of them made it to the windows, one was in the corner up on the wall in my kitchen, and I found another one under my stove with the help of my cat who is pacing in front of it, a few I found hinding in random stuff right around their tank.
    Obviously I've had a few issues making my tank froggy escape proof I the beginning, and if one finds an escape route the rest follow like sheep!!!
    I think the advice you've been given and what you've been doing is solid. I'd suggest putting lots of containers of water around and use your familiarity with your frog to good use...where does s/he like to sit or hide in it's tank? Does s/he sit under the lights or tend to find a darker spot? Does your frog tend to find warmer or cooler areas? Is your frog bold and friendly or shy and hides?
    Also think about where's the place/s s/he would fine moisture, besides the dishes your putting out? Where in your home looks like an appealing froggy habitat.
    With these questions in mind, stand next to it's tank and look around asking yourself " if I was a frog, given it's personality and needs, which direction would I go to first?" This may be able to narrow down and focus your search in the area your frog mostly like went and hopefully still is.
    If you have pets, that have free range in your house, pay close attention to them and their behavior.... I found one of my frogs, which was under the stove, because my cat was acting strange pacing back and forth in front of it!!
    I'm hoping and praying you find your frog. ...please let us know.

Nationality
    [United States]

......if you've got a male I definitely agree with kueluck...play lots of your frogs calls...it's a really great way to locate him. Good luck again

elura

Im really hoping you have found him by now the one time my frog got out he was sitting right on the outside of the tank and funny enough, it woke me from a sound sleep. weird...so my best guess to look around there in that area...they can't move that fast can they? good luck keep us updated.

Thread Information