Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Edulis or adspersus????

  1. #1

    Cool Edulis or adspersus????

    hey everybody i was just wondering what everyone thought of these little guys. all opinions will greatly be appreciated http://www.frogforum.net/members/dem...3-dscf3259.jpgName:  DSCF3259.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  71.7 KBName:  DSCF3259.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  71.7 KB

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Adspersus.


  4. #3

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    But what about the white spot in the ear and the yellow stripe??

  5. #4
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by atlpiggy View Post
    But what about the white spot in the ear and the yellow stripe??
    Check their hind and front legs for blue tint. If they are Edulis they will have no blue tint. Also Giants have a white spot until they mature.


  6. #5

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Thats GREAT to hear!!! Hopefully will be getting my male/female pair soon!! thanks for the info. how can you tell these are adspersus??

  7. #6
    100+ Post Member poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    1,330
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    These are demonamphibian's right?

  8. #7

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Yes sir.

  9. #8
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Read this thread to better assist you in identifying species.

    http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...us-status.html


  10. #9

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Read this thread to better assist you in identifying species.

    http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...us-status.html
    Thank you so much Colleen/Jerrod. i really appreciate it. i just cant wait until they can be sexed!!

  11. #10
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by atlpiggy View Post
    Thank you so much Colleen/Jerrod. i really appreciate it. i just cant wait until they can be sexed!!
    They can be sexed at 4.5" with some considerable accuracy.


  12. #11
    Eel Noob
    Guest

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Damn these yours? They're all boys and giants as well!

  13. #12

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    They can be sexed at 4.5" with some considerable accuracy.
    I sure hope at least one is female

  14. #13

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    Damn these yours? They're all boys and giants as well!
    Not even the darker one??? Not mine, but soon two of them will

  15. #14
    Eel Noob
    Guest

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by atlpiggy View Post
    Not even the darker one??? Not mine, but soon two of them will

    No, they're all boys.

  16. #15
    demon amphibians
    Guest

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    I really think one is a female still to soon to be 100 percent. It is much smaller and darker in color then the others. also the other 5 are starting to develope yellow-ish under-bellies while the one is still cream color underneath. only time will tell. But i tell you what they eat there weight in roaches every day.

  17. #16
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Color has nothing to do with sex. Not even the orange arm pits. Yellowish throat can determine male, but it takes time for the yellow to develope.


  18. #17
    Eel Noob
    Guest

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by demon amphibians View Post
    I really think one is a female still to soon to be 100 percent. It is much smaller and darker in color then the others. also the other 5 are starting to develope yellow-ish under-bellies while the one is still cream color underneath. only time will tell. But i tell you what they eat there weight in roaches every day.
    You cannot sex these frogs by colors, I have seen females that are more colorful than males.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Color has nothing to do with sex. Not even the orange arm pits. Yellowish throat can determine male, but it takes time for the yellow to develope.
    Even yellow throat doesn't determine sex, some males will have white throat throughout it's life.

  19. #18

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    You cannot sex these frogs by colors, I have seen females that are more colorful than males.



    Even yellow throat doesn't determine sex, some males will have white throat throughout it's life.
    Well what about the narrow smaller head? Only time shall tell!!

  20. #19
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    You cannot sex these frogs by colors, I have seen females that are more colorful than males.



    Even yellow throat doesn't determine sex, some males will have white throat throughout it's life.
    Very true. I know this because mine has a white throat. Well more of a cream color. Each individual is different even in their growth. GŁnther hit 6" at 4 months, but has since slowed way down at 6.5"


  21. #20
    Moderator GrifTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    9,656
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Edulis or adspersus????

    Quote Originally Posted by atlpiggy View Post
    Well what about the narrow smaller head? Only time shall tell!!
    That's another feature that can be shot down. Some males are late bloomers for head size Lol! You can hope for a female among the group, but I'm with Noob. All males.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. P. Edulis or P. Adspersus
    By hanbrolo92 in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 31st, 2013, 02:42 PM
  2. Pyxicephallus adspersus or edulis
    By Lucskywalker in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 4th, 2013, 12:36 AM
  3. P. adspersus or P. edulis
    By Anphibius94 in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 12th, 2012, 09:57 AM
  4. Bought a P. adspersus, received a P. edulis
    By KrTreefrog2 in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
  5. Unique pixies, not edulis, not adspersus adults
    By onedge30 in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •