Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Leg?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Red Leg?

Quote Originally Posted by NJfrogger View Post
    Just wanted to update.

My little frog died a few hours ago. I went to school..normally. Came home and he was on the substrate ...just dead. I am kind of in shock actually. He had been doing very well. Eating the Reptomin pellets like a champ. He even was shedding and had eaten in yesterday. My dad checked the water with some kit he got at the Petshop and said the water was fine..don't know the exact specs but he knows how to take care of aquariums. He was in 10 gallon filtered and CLEAN tank. Just did a 25% water change 2 days ago. I just really don't get it. I tried to do everything correctly and he just didn't make it. Don't think I'll be keeping frogs again for awhile. Maybe it was all the bloodworms? He doesn't look bloated though. I just don't really know and I feel bad for him that he got stuck with an inexperienced person but I did really try.
    I'm sorry about your frog. It may have been the food, as bloodworms are a little fatty and could cause some disease. I wouldn't give up on taking care of frogs just yet. I have only had mine for a few months and I enjoy watching them get up to things or swim around the aquarium.

Did you cycle your tank? Or at least use Seachem Stability? Both are really important and can cause a sudden tank death.
    ~children~
    Ксениа, a beautiful yet mischievous calico cat.
    Cecil & Carlos, two active and growing little froglettes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tree frog maniac

If its red leg than your frog would either have a red leg or a red belly if he is eating and swimming about is his aquarium than he should be fine it could just be that he has stressed from moving tanks or something. I wouldn't worry much untill it starts to grow bigger but honestly I think it's just the acf no worries

Tree frog maniac

If you are going to get another one make sure it's health requirements are met because that's how red leg occurs when their not met

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information