Thread: Making sure my frogs find a good home

Default Making sure my frogs find a good home

Mkay so here's short version: when I got my frogs I was under the understanding that if I ever had to move to a home that can't house them (because of anti-pet rules) they would be taken care of. Things happened to the person who would have taken care of them, and now I have to move out to a place that doesn't accept non-fish pets in a few months.

So obviously I need to sell them now or donate them to a good home. (Or try to get the rule where I'm going to be living amended, but I somehow doubt that can be accomplished in a timely fashion. Even if I could have frogs, I breed my own crickets and I doubt anyone wants me keeping chirping bugs in their house) Does anyone have any tips? I know that, for example, when you are trying to find a home for cats you are supposed to make them pay, as it prevents people from impulsively just taking them and then getting rid of them when they realize it costs money to take care of them. Does this apply to frogs as well?

Also, the frogs I need to get rid of are 2 Whites and a Leopard Frog. (I didn't buy said Leopard Tree Frog, someone bought it at the pet store for some reason and then gave it to me.) For the Leopard Frog, would it be possible/wise to simply hibernate it? (Since Winter is coming on and I obviously can't release it in November with snow on the ground already)

Just... looking for general advice as I'm not sure how to proceed...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Louis Charles Bruckner's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Making sure my frogs find a good home

I had to also surrender my babies and it tore out my heart but I knew it was for the best.
    I took them to a pet store that I trusted a small local store and not a box box store.

They were happy to re-home them for me.

best of luck, I know it is hard .

another thing you can do is put an add in crags list and
    make sure to list that the new forever home must be experienced keepers.

If I lived closer and was retired I would take them in a heartbeat.

): I am gonna miss them, but I'm so busy lately I don't get to hang with them very much anyway. They deserve a frog enthusiast with more time on their hands...

Anyway! I don't think I've ever used crags list. Not a lot of people where I live do so it turns into a situation where a lot of people really far away have cool stuff but no one near me.

As for the petstore. I suppose I could try that but the nearest pet store is an hour away. Definitely worth trying though... if I can afford the trip. Anyone else have any tips?

laurice

im new to this sight but my frogs are my babys my stress releif. I am an animal control officer and love my babies if you still need a home for them i can accomodate i have 4 tanks with humidifiers, night lights water falls the works. if you need help still i am willing.

Quote Originally Posted by laurice View Post
    im new to this sight but my frogs are my babys my stress releif. I am an animal control officer and love my babies if you still need a home for them i can accomodate i have 4 tanks with humidifiers, night lights water falls the works. if you need help still i am willing.
    Ah! Sorry for late reply.

I took the petstore advice and dropped my Whites off there. Sadly my Leopard couldn't be donated because its native to the area and therefor illegal to sell. I'll probably have to release it when winter finally ends. (Unless someone is willing to go through crazy lengths to obtain a Northern Leopard Frog.)

Thread Information