Thread: Look what I Found

LizardMama

Default Look what I Found

Something was pulling me towards the front door so I grabbed a container (didn't know why I was just going with the flow) and when I walked out there was this gorgeous green color Tree Frog on my porch. I walked off the porch and was starting to walk around it when the frog positioned itself towards my door so I walked back around my porch and up the stairs and caught it, easiest capture of a Tree Frog yet! I couldn't believe that what I had seen and caught, just a beautiful color of green with speckles of white on the back.

I think I'll call her Verde which means Green in Spanish. I think she is a Hyla cinerea. She's the same size as my Cope's Gray Tree Frogs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

TheGrayLady

Default Re: Look what I Found

Beautiful

InfinitysDaughter

Eeee!!! What a cutie!!!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

So cute! Green Tree Frogs aren't common in my area, however there is a plethora of Grey Tree Frogs. I caught two last summer in my backyard. We didn't get too much rain this spring, so I haven't heard too many frogs this year. We've also already opened our pool, so the pool cover with water isn't available anymore to the frogs. I picked up a trio of Green Trees from my work and they are just adorable too!

LizardMama

This was a very surprise find. In my area Green Tree Frogs are no common, it's the Cope's Gray Tree Frogs that you find (and the Fowler's lol). It seems that Poco, one of my male Gray Tree Frogs has decided to claim her as his 'mate'. He sings to her all the time and whenever she decides to climb on the glass he's either following her or is keeping her in his sites from the hanging container that I hung up in their cage (just a simple Wax Worm container).

Yusil

Slightly jealous, we only have 2 types of frogs/toad.

Is it me/the angle, but does that frog only have two toes?

But either way, that's pretty cool. Sort of how I came across my largest frog, who was hiding inbetween my stacked lawn chairs with her head poking out. .

mrzoggs

very cute a few months before i got into frogs i was washing a car car at my work. i popped open the trunk and there was one sitting inside the crease that around the trunk. i just took it and put it in the marshlands behind my work since they are fairly common in my area. i wish i could find more now -_- hehe

LizardMama

The Green Tree Frog has all of her toes, they're just not all seen in that pic because she has her hands wrapped around the limb.

Lol you won't believe it but I found a baby Gray Tree Frog next to my front porch light tonight. I had in the container with me a Fowler's Toad which was found on my porch (they are everywhere!!) so I quickly let him loose and caught the baby (just a tiny bit bigger than a penny) and brought him in. Most definitely a Gray Tree Frog, changed color from semi gray to dark gray and is just as curious as a Gray Tree Frog (head tilted whenever I come in to look at him and see if he's okay). I was hoping to one day find another Gray Tree Frog but I wasn't expecting a baby to pop up, I turned right around after catching the Fowler to seeing the Gray Tree Frog. Sign me into the asylum! I've got an addiction going on lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Aww, it's so cute!! Lucky! Congrats

Tongue Flicker

Me want! Lol

I'm pissed how we have a lot of frog species here but all are almost endangered and some are too well camouflaged to be seen or be captured >__<

Thread Information