Thread: Triops, advise needed

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Triops, advise needed

Well.... My kid got a gift, grow your own triops kit. I'm reading now the instructions and the whole thing sounds complicated, it is supposed to be for kids, I'm helping but kinda don't want to screw it up, you know grown ups are supposed to know it all lol on a net there are so many things written with completely opposite info, so I'm a bit confused.
    Say I'm going with a description now, got a natural spring water, setting it all up with heat mat and full spectrum light, but I'm thinking these guys are around for like forever, how sensitive they are? I wanted to use same water I use for everybody, but it says no water conditioners or declorinators... It seems tarantulas are way easier then these guys lol

any tips or advise on kids stuff? They should sell these kits with a memo - for a advance exotic keepers only lol I have no idea how anyone with zero knowledge of exotic keeping can set it all up the way they say it needs to be done. I'm about to look for spare thermostat here lol well not really but the thought was there. And my kid is all about that other kids in her class had these and nobody was able to raise and she is so confident we will be able lol
    please help!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Triops, advise needed

They are pretty hardy species and here is a care sheet that i used MyTriops - Triops Care Sheet. you might want to you tube Triops care or triops tanks. I hope i helped.

Nationality
    [United States]

Interesting and complicated creatures Lija ! The link provided by Dragon appears to have all info you need. The requirement to dry set-up and restart after two weeks is a pain .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Despite what people say they aren't actually that hardy as a sudden change in temperature or any chemicals in the water kills them. I have had these kits a lot when I was younger along with sea monkeys. I used rain water for mine and they lived for a while until I went on holiday and no one would care for them so they were dead when we came back. The instructions explain everything in my opinion it's just understanding them is the problem.

Nationality
    [Canada]

thank you guys, i knew i can count on you Carlos exactly, they do seem to be interesting and complicated creatures, don't want to mess it up, reputation is on line here, my kiddo is looking up thinking it should be no problem with my help... hm....

I've just put eggs in a water...
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information