Thread: In need of assistance!! Help guys!!

mfj7777

Default In need of assistance!! Help guys!!

So this is my pacman... Froggy... He wants to go to the other side and keeps jumping into the plastic wall. They were not seperated previously but im just afraid they will hurt each other so i separated them... I dont want froggy to hurt himself... What should i do? Should i just remove the divider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

reptileszz

Default Re: In need of assistance!! Help guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by mfj7777 View Post

So this is my pacman... Froggy... He wants to go to the other side and keeps jumping into the plastic wall. They were not seperated previously but im just afraid they will hurt each other so i separated them... I dont want froggy to hurt himself... What should i do? Should i just remove the divider?

I am no expert but I would certainly not remove the divider. That is a recipe for disaster. I would cover the divider with opaque material so he can't see over there. If he can't see over there he will not try and get over there.

Carole

mfj7777

Yea... Ill use some other material as the divider maybe just a box cardboard... Dont know why hes so eager to go to the other side...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

... Dont know why hes so eager to go to the other side...
    Because Froggy can see there is another frog in there. Painting divider won't help because of slots in it. Try and sell divider to a fish keeper and have one made of colored solid plastic for frogs .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

reptileszz

Yea... Ill use some other material as the divider maybe just a box cardboard... Dont know why hes so eager to go to the other side...

I think cardboard will get soggy, sag and collapse fairly quickly. Why not some of that self stick shelf paper stuck to the divider up halfway. that way you retain some airflow thru the top holes but he cant see thru?

Carole

mfj7777

Yeah... I removed the divider for now because i dont want froggy to hurt himself by repeatedly ramming himself at the divider... Seems now he burrowed himself next to the other one... When he tried to jump through the divider its like hes a frog longing for love... Haha... Ill make a new divider later... Wont want them to hurt each other... Thanks a lot guys

reptileszz

Yeah... I removed the divider for now because i dont want froggy to hurt himself by repeatedly ramming himself at the divider... Seems now he burrowed himself next to the other one... When he tried to jump through the divider its like hes a frog longing for love... Haha... Ill make a new divider later... Wont want them to hurt each other... Thanks a lot guys

Putting them together isnt a great idea either. Until you get that divider fixed make sure they are very well fed!

Carole

Nationality
    [United States]

You need to keep them separated. Any amount of time you keep them together is gambling with their safety (even if they are well fed). Get a cheap critter keeper or something to put one in until you get the divider situation fixed.
    You could probably solve the issue by putting some fake plants in front of the divider.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Nationality
    [Canada]

Oh gosh, put in not see through divider ASAP! If you don't have it get some plastic container and put one frog separately. Keeping multiple frogs together is a recipe for disaster. Don't do that!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

mfj7777

Ok i fixed the problem... I taped half of the divider using brown plastic tape... The issue is solved... Hehe thanks guys

Nationality
    [United States]

Cover the devider with a background so that he cannot see through it.

Nationality
    [United States]

You should get an actual background instead of using tape. The tape wasn't specifically designed to go on the inside of aquariums, so when you mist their tanks I'd worry about the chemicals in the adhesive leaking out and harming the frogs.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Hey! Nice to see a fellow Malaysian! Okay, here's what I did, instead of using cardboard or a clear divider, u can pick up corrugated plastic (coroplast) from a bookstore (I know Popular usually has that in stock) and cut to fit your terrarium. Cheap and easy fix. Just make sure it's held securely with either silicon or cable ties. Should cost u less than RM20 to settle. Oh and on why he wants to go over? Pacmans are cannibalistic - froggy one wants to eat froggy two I think! Never keep multiple ones unseparated in the same tank!
    "Those among us who are keepers (yes, I am one) owe each and every animal, be their cost mere pennies or thousands of dollars, the best of conditions and care. Research each species before acquisition, and then acquire only those that you can care for adequately and with relative ease." - Richard Bartlett

Thread Information