Thread: Is Stanley just picky or is something else going on?

Default Is Stanley just picky or is something else going on?

I apologize if I'm starting too many new threads. I'm under the impression that we are to start new threads for new issues. I hope that's correct.

Ok, so Stanley moved into his/her new enclosure (18X18) about 5-6 days ago (he's 3 inches). He's been eating nightcrawlers and had been eating them really well everynight from tongs with the occasional cricket and waxworm. About 2 weeks ago he stopped eating the nightcrawlers and only wanted crickets, of any size, and waxworms. Now he only wants small crickets and waxworms. He seems to be getting more and more picky. Since I know crickets aren't a good staple I do still try to get him to eat nightcrawlers each night but I'm not getting anywhere.

He doesn't seem to be losing weight. I know as these guys mature they can eat less but I didn't think that we were there yet. I've been getting my nightcrawlers and waxworms from BaitBarn.com and they look great. If I were a pacman, I'd definitely want them.

So what do you guys think? Is this normal pacman behavior or should I be concerned?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mchell43

Default Re: Is Stanley just picky or is something else going on?

Hi I have had rolo a year and he is about 16 months old, He only eats locusts at the moment, he is soo picky. Swaps and changes his mind like the wind lol, they all have there little personalities dont they. Anyway he wont eat them unless they are covered in calcium or repti powder vitamin stuff , Ive had to take them out after hours of them walking around him and dust them , then whooof there gone lol they also have to be big and fat ha ha

Thank you so much for replying! So you know what I'm going through. LOL Stanley seems to do the same thing, changes his mind constantly. Now he wants dubias and medium sized crickets. They can't be too big or too small. He also prefers his with vitamin powder on them, no complaints there! Still no nightcrawlers but I keep trying. I just know at some point he's going to decide that he hates crickets and will only eat nightcrawlers that are the perfect shade of brown. I swear he knows that he holds all the power in this house. I'm just his servant.

mchell43

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    Thank you so much for replying! So you know what I'm going through. LOL Stanley seems to do the same thing, changes his mind constantly. Now he wants dubias and medium sized crickets. They can't be too big or too small. He also prefers his with vitamin powder on them, no complaints there! Still no nightcrawlers but I keep trying. I just know at some point he's going to decide that he hates crickets and will only eat nightcrawlers that are the perfect shade of brown. I swear he knows that he holds all the power in this house. I'm just his servant.
    They are great frogs though, Mine I was told ate small mice when in the pet shop, I didnt like this and he wont do so now , Ive tried and failed. I dont want to feed him mice anyway, I dont mean live ones. Does yours chatter away to you. Rolo does now, wierd clicking noises and he turns around to look at me . I whistle and he starts singing with me , Its sooo sweet! This is prob goner sound weird but we wink at each other , I think he just likes copying me ha ha

They really are fabulous frogs. I don't think I could feed my guy mice either. How cool that he chats with you. I'm jealous! Stanley doesn't make much noise until you handle him, then he grunts. We're not sure if Stanley is actually a male since we still haven't seen nuptual pads. Rolo sounds like an amazing little guy.

Thread Information