Thread: pretty new at frogs and forums

RoboticKittyMeow

Default pretty new at frogs and forums

Hello everyone, i want to start out by a saying a big thank you for all the help on setting up and caring for my new frog and tadpoles, this forum is very helpful and consistant. This is Grumbledor my albino pacman and these are my temporary bullfrog tadpoles who do not have names yet, I can't think of four matching names for them. The tadpoles came in with a shipment of fish at work so i'm raising them and will be releasing them in the spring (at my local nature preserve).I'm really enjoying all of them. I haven't own amphibians before so this is an interesting experience. I'm learning a lot and am sooooooooo grateful to this site now. I feel pretty confident on how I take care of my pacman my only worry is the tadpoles(not a whole lot of info out there on them?). I'm really excited to join this wonderful group of people:3
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: pretty new at frogs and forums

Hi! Welcome to the forum!
    Beautiful Pacman! There are many very experienced pacman owner members on the forum!
    In regard to the tadpoles, you may want to consult with some experts about releasing them into the wild? Just a thought. I think sometimes releasing frogs into the wild is not advisable as the newly released frogs could pass on parasites, disease, or may not be native to the environment in which you're releasing them into.
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

maxQ

Hello, welcome, awesome pictures and thanks for posting them. Im not the expert on Pacmans but there are tons of people here to help, they always do, they have walked me through numerous issues, they-are-the-best ! Glad your here.

RoboticKittyMeow

i planned on doing some research on the best ways to go about releasing them. thank you for the advise though. i will agree that there are many awesome pacman owners on here, i learned 90% of what i know from this site and its awesome people!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello and welcome to FF ! Please do check your state local laws about releasing the Bullfrogs. As Bolisnide stated, they can introduce pathogens the local guys are not immune to. Some states even forbid releasing a local captive frog a certain time period (i.e. 10 days) after capture. Good luck!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information