Thread: can 60 degree temp. for a lomng tiem caused health problems for a WTF??

Default can 60 degree temp. for a lomng tiem caused health problems for a WTF??

could give you the long story (started to then thought na not the point of this post) simply put my frog's tank been stuck at 60 degrees for almost a week. I am fixing the problem but can't no sooner then Tuesday. I turned off my frog's light a hour ago and he is normally out of his cave by now. while he may simply not realize its time to get up I just want to double check, is 60 degrees temp for a long time hurt a WTF?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default can 60 degree temp. for a lomng tiem caused health problems for a WTF??

No. White's are very adaptable and will be fine for a while at that temp. But not forever.

Silly question, but what is the ambient temperature in the room the enclosure is in?
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Default Re: can 60 degree temp. for a lomng tiem caused health problems for a WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by deranged chipmunk View Post
    No. White's are very adaptable and will be fine for a while at that temp. But not forever.

Silly question, but what is the ambient temperature in the room the enclosure is in?
    I honestly have no idea i have a space heater and will turn that on for him. gonna be low 40s tonight, i'm probably gonna be cold so he'll be chilly. woke him up last night and he was like "can a frog sleep here?" LOL then was very active. hoping around climbing..wanting to sit on my hand. so i think he's ok for now just wanting to stay in his cave cause it's a little cold in the tank. won't budge past 65.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: can 60 degree temp. for a lomng tiem caused health problems for a WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan4ever View Post
    I honestly have no idea i have a space heater and will turn that on for him. gonna be low 40s tonight, i'm probably gonna be cold so he'll be chilly. woke him up last night and he was like "can a frog sleep here?" LOL then was very active. hoping around climbing..wanting to sit on my hand. so i think he's ok for now just wanting to stay in his cave cause it's a little cold in the tank. won't budge past 65.
    White's need 85F during day and can handle a 10F drop at night. It was "wanting to sit in your hand" because it's cold and it's looking for warmth. I've got no information that says for how long it can go without damage. Do know that frogs kept at temps below it's parameters over long periods can suffer permanent damage to their Kidneys and Lymph Hearts . Do you have family or friends nearby that could babysit frog until issue is fixed?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    White's need 85F during day and can handle a 10F drop at night. It was "wanting to sit in your hand" because it's cold and it's looking for warmth. I've got no information that says for how long it can go without damage. Do know that frogs kept at temps below it's parameters over long periods can suffer permanent damage to their Kidneys and Lymph Hearts . Do you have family or friends nearby that could babysit frog until issue is fixed?
    I put my space heater on and his tank temp a little below 80 right now and not too hot for me to stay in the room. I also remembered that my desk lamp bulb is the right watts for the heat lamp eill try that tomorrow. so I have temp solutions and will get stronger light bulbs now Thursday but at least it's not like weeks or months from now.

sadly going to get the bulbs keeps getting delayed. now he's been in cold temps for a week will be 2 next tuesday. feel i failed my little guy. :,(

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Carlos is right, it may cause permanent damage. Do you have any other means to get temps up, heat cable, heat mats, anything heating for humans? Heat pacs? They are available from any pharmacy.

You can temporarily place a frog in a smaller container/enclosure where is is easier to control temps

Thread Information