Thread: Baby bullfrog update

redeyedtreefrog123451

Default Baby bullfrog update

Ok so my baby bullfrog is in a critter keeper the small pebbles all on the whole bottom (they are bigger than him) with half of the covered with moss the I put in some water it's a great half and half habitat. He has completely lost his tail and he is eating small crickets like a mad frog he seems very healthy any tips?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  65.2 KB Sorry for the blurry pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Baby bullfrog update

Other than siphoning of around 50% of water daily (airline tubing works well for this in small enclosure) and replacing with same temperature dechlorinated tap all you are doing sounds fine . Do remember to keep crickets same size as distance between frogs eyes. Can also try feeding earthworms cut in pieces as long as it's body once their diameter fits it's mouth. Are you dusting the crickets?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

redeyedtreefrog123451

Sorry for the late reply but i am dusting the crickets i got extra small, small and medium he eats all sizes and is fine after.

Nationality
    [United States]

Just be careful feeding over the rocks. He may accidentally ingest some when grabbing his crickets. If you can feed him on a large, smooth-edged flat rock, you won't have to worry .

I bet he'd love some nice plants. Be sure to rinse off all fertilizers and pesticides before using. Dip the leaves in a 10% bleach solution, followed by a thorough rinsing, then rinse again in dechlorinated water with twice the amount if dechlorinator in the water. I leave mine to soak in the extra dechlorinator water for a while before using just to be safe. This rids the plants if any bugs or parasites.

Cute frog!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    ...Dip the leaves in a 10% bleach solution, followed by a thorough rinsing, then rinse again in dechlorinated water with twice the amount if dechlorinator in the water. I leave mine to soak in the extra dechlorinator water for a while before using just to be safe. This rids the plants if any bugs or parasites.
    Hi Heather! Will that 10% bleach dip work with aquatic plants like Anubias? Also, can you dip whole plant or only the leaves. Thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

You can dip the whole thing. Moss however does not tolerate the bleach. I do a thorough rinse, quick dip, wait 10 minutes, thorough rinse again, then a nice soak in extra double dechlor water.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

8. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I only use moss from Joshsfrogs, Black Jungle, NE herp, or Rainforest Junkys. Vendors I know that are safe.

redeyedtreefrog123451

Well since he is wild caught I figured I could use wild moss and the rocks are big and flat he is an aggressive little fellow when it comes to food and he loves to borrow down into wet moss

Thread Information