Thread: Sick Green Tree Frog?

mintyfresh

Default Sick Green Tree Frog?

Hi guys,

This is now my second experience with a sick frog, though now it is my Green Tree Frog. He's only about a year and a half old, and has generally been rather kipper and happy. Even last night he was attacking his crickets with gusto, and he looked fine (other than the abrasion on his nose that I thought was going away).

When I found him this morning, he was sleeping on the ground. He looks emaciated--much thinner than he appeared last night--and when I tried to pick him up he flopped around and jumped back on the ground. I also noticed a rather sizable bump forming near his left nostril.

Can anyone help?? I have no idea why this is happening to me now, after my ACF died. I can't handle another sick frog.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Sick Green Tree Frog?

Im sorry to hear your frog is not feeling well. Can you post a picture? It will help us to guide you. He has been eating well prior and pooping normally?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

mintyfresh

Default Re: Sick Green Tree Frog?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will try to post pictures sometime tomorrow (I don't really have a proper camera so I have to use my laptop's webcam), but in the meantime what should I do? I will quarantine him, but all I have at the moment is a large cricket keeper. I could put some paper towels at the bottom.

Also, I noticed his pupils seemed really large when the lights were on, which doesn't seem right.

mintyfresh

Default Re: Sick Green Tree Frog?

He just died It all happened so fast. One minute he was his old self, then he was just gone. I have no idea what happened.

I am concerned for his tank-mates, however--especially the grey tree frog I had in with him--it was a temporary solution until I had the financial means to separate them. The Grey Tree Frog is exhibiting the same thinness (actually, I had observed it in him before), but he is extremely energetic and feeding and defecating properly. I have him quarantined, but I don't know what is going on

Thread Information