Thread: Do milk frogs play dead?

Sophie Green

Default Do milk frogs play dead?

Hi, I'm new to this site so apologies now as I may have posted this twice by accident and also in the wrong section :/.
    do milk frogs play dead? I have several young milk frogs and I'm a bit concerned about the the smallest one of them . He tends to sleep a lot more than the others then today when I thought he was resting he suddenly jumped with no landing destination and landed legs stretched out on his side... I was mortified and though he had died but then after a couple of minuets he slowly pulled his legs back in and then after another 30 seconds or so he hopped off like he would do normally!

I was a little concerned about him before because like I said he is smaller than the others and he tends to sit and rest away from the others a bit more, I was wondering if there is potentially something wrong with him, if there was something I could do to help him, is this usual milk frog behaviour, or am I going to wake up to a dead milk frog tomorrow....please help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogsandlizards24

I'm not sure about that, but what I would say, is that if the frog is smaller than the others, you might want to consider housing him in a different tank because the bigger ones might be "bullying" him. Only if he is drastically smaller like an 3/4 inch smaller or more. But I'm not the expert here, if heatheranne, flybyferns, or any of the other experts see this post then they will surely help you. I hope all goes well!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Frogsandlizards24

Since nobody is replying maybe you should send a private message to heatheranne or any of the others that I will say in a minute (I forgot them all)

Frogsandlizards24

CJ Pelcher, flybyferns, or Mentat

Thread Information