Thread: cricket size and worm size for a little wtf

Default cricket size and worm size for a little wtf

My little guy is. 1/2 nches long. He was getting small crickets but today I watched him 2 small crickets. May be a dumb question but just want to be sure, is it safe to say at little one can eat medium crickets now? A worker at the pet store told me the frog could even eat big crickets but I'd rather move up from small to meduim , medium to large. Also, what size worms could I get the frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: cricket size and worm size for a little wtf

Store employees will tell you to feed whatever they have in stock to make a sell . Crickets and other insects should be same as distance between frogs eyes because larger crickets could cause impaction.

If by worms you mean beetle larvae, myself don't use them with frogs. If earthworms can cut to same length as frog from pointy end, i.e. 1/2 in. for yours.

Remember to dust with CA/D3 2X and vitamins 1X weekly on different days with skip day in between. Good luck !
    Last edited by Mentat; September 29th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Store employees will tell you to feed whatever they have in stock to make a sell . Crickets and other insects should be same as distance between frogs mouth because larger crickets could cause impaction.

If by worms you mean beetle larvae, myself don't use them with frogs. If earthworms can cut to same length as frog from pointy end, i.e. 1/2 in. for yours.

Remember to dust with CA/D3 2X and vitamins 1X weekly on different days with skip day in between. Good luck !
    I was told to feed him small crickets when I first got him. I thought it seemed odd to be told. Weeks later he could eat large crickets. I've had the frog for a month now and as I mentioned earlier he ate small sized crickets at once so I'm thinking he's ready for medium sized ones at least. I'd be feeding him super worms. They are sold in containers of iI think 100 so I can't buy say. Small, medium and large worms. Shall i start with small and see how he does? I haven't seen worm food. Is there a such thing? I use cricket food and quencher for the crickets. Sprinkle some in their holder and they eat it. Could I use the same for worms?

here is a close up picture of my little one. perhaps this will help give a better answer. your answer is helpful though. Name:  SAM_3264.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  18.3 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

Better to feed more small crickets, than a few med or large. Also stay way from super worms, and I would stay away from meals also. I've had no luck at mine eating earthworms, but they do love the butter and wax worms. I also feed moths and turkish roaches (their staple food) and occasionally crickets. Oh, and that is one little cutie you have there.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan4ever View Post
    here is a close up picture of my little one. perhaps this will help give a better answer. your answer is helpful though.
    I'm so sorry wrote the wrong word (mouth versus eyes) and so confused you ! My previous post should read crickets "should be sized same as distance between frog's eye." Corrected mistake to prevent more confusion. That is one little cute frog .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

I got some wax worms today and a dish for them. put 4 in and showed them to my frog. he didn't seem interested. came back 20 minutes later and saw him eating one. he hasn't eaten any more. most likely one is enough for him a day. will watch and see. after 3 days if they are not gone I know he doesn't like them. will try meal worms and super worms next..he may like them..maybe white's tree frogs are picky..some like super worms, some don't

Nationality
    [United States]

You don't want to leave the worms in the viv, store them in the frig. And you also don't want to feed them everyday, it's a once a week treat at most since they have a high fat content.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Thread Information