Thread: Some pics of my pyxie.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Some pics of my pyxie.

Finally took some pics of my pyxie the other night. I've been hesitating because I wanted to take good ones off my phone but that's no longerlol ... I took these off my laptop so sorry about the quality. After a good meal: Name:  TPhoto_00013.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  27.8 KBName:  TPhoto_00014.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  28.5 KBName:  TPhoto_00015.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  26.5 KBName:  TPhoto_00001.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  26.5 KB Empty stomach: Name:  TPhoto_00012.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  20.5 KB BTW. I use the container in the last pic for feeding. I actually took him home in that when I got him. I swear its way less stress putting that in with some water and he eats lots. Since I got him Iv poured crickets into that if theres water in it or not he leaps into it. He loves it! Idk what im going to do when he cant fit in it anymore I don't know if he just feels safe in it or what it is but its weird for sure..... Yeah so that's my pyxie... I haven't named it yet because I think its still too early to geuss the sex as its still changing daily. Though its head looks very female but also looks pretty male upclose. Any guesses..? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Some pics of my pyxie.

that is a female.
    do you keep her in that tub?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

I agree. Female

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    that is a female.
    do you keep her in that tub?
    Temporarily because the tank she was in was tall and I noticed white mold on the substrate so I mixed clean the substrate in the tub and put her in. I'm guessing its too small.. Although she's been completely fine. But I think it could cause frogs stress not being able to see what's around them. Could I use a small fan for slight ventilation for a tall tank. also should I sterilize the tall tank and everything in it or just rinse? I just don't like putting my my frog in a tall tank that could mold as all my other tanks have pythons. So should i use a fan for a frog?

NialR35

Quote Originally Posted by bcreps View Post
    Temporarily because the tank she was in was tall and I noticed white mold on the substrate so I mixed clean the substrate in the tub and put her in. I'm guessing its too small.. Although she's been completely fine. But I think it could cause frogs stress not being able to see what's around them. Could I use a small fan for slight ventilation for a tall tank. also should I sterilize the tall tank and everything in it or just rinse? I just don't like putting my my frog in a tall tank that could mold as all my other tanks have pythons. So should i use a fan for a frog?
    No, you should not use a fan. You should get at least a 10g aquarium and use it with a digital hygro/thermo meter so you can have a more stable ambient. This will help you control your tank's temperature without the need of a fan, and will control the humidity % without creating mold. What could cause stress is not really the fact that all sides are covered, instead is the fact that your frog has nothing in there that provides her security (I.E a plastic plant to burrow under) and that it's so dark in there you can't provide a day/night cycle(assuming you cover the container with a screened lid?).

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by NialR35 View Post
    No, you should not use a fan. You should get at least a 10g aquarium and use it with a digital hygro/thermo meter so you can have a more stable ambient. This will help you control your tank's temperature without the need of a fan, and will control the humidity % without creating mold. What could cause stress is not really the fact that all sides are covered, instead is the fact that your frog has nothing in there that provides her security (I.E a plastic plant to burrow under) and that it's so dark in there you can't provide a day/night cycle(assuming you cover the container with a screened lid?).
    I have several digital thermometers that tell humidity and min max setting (they don't control anything)and a lid and a day light and an infrared bulb I use a large water source, I use a castle cave thing (not in the pic). I haven't used any plants since the mold as i haven't disinfected them.(could really hot water kill mold spores) I haven't felt the need to because is far as Im concerned my frog hasn't shown any signs of stress has been eating the same and some times more and has continued growing. that's what i want.

Nationality
    [Canada]

I'm not getting it.... Why do you have a mold? It has absolutely nothing to do with how tall the tank is.
    Set up with 4 sides covered is ok, it is recommended hospital set up setting in order to reduce stress.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

I'm not getting it.... Why do you have a mold? It has absolutely nothing to do with how tall the tank is.
    Set up with 4 sides covered is ok, it is recommended hospital set up setting in order to reduce stress.
    I don't know I came home one day and was going to feed there was no lid and I was using a uth on the side at proper temps and everything but there was two small fuzzy patches of white mold.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Oh I know what that is, it happens sometimes in very high humidity and too much waste, it is not even a mold, just clean/disinfect the tank like usual and put the new substrate in. Nothing to worry about, sometimes you need to change it more often and watch your humidity, it might be not what your gauges are showing.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Oh I know what that is, it happens sometimes in very high humidity and too much waste, it is not even a mold, just clean/disinfect the tank like usual and put the new substrate in. Nothing to worry about, sometimes you need to change it more often and watch your humidity, it might be not what your gauges are showing.
    I was thinking it being waste.. thats very possible. I always just mist is but I know the humidity was too high too when I added the substrate in last to the tall tank. I need to not look at it like the tanks tainted I guess lol Thanks lija

Nationality
    [Canada]

You're welcome

Nationality
    [United States]

White Mold is common. Lija is right though. It has to do with waste, but white fuzzy mold eats dead animal matter and is harmless. It was probably growing on some shed that was uneaten.

Thread Information