Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some pics of the girls

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Some pics of the girls

That's a toad.......suck it up and move on. No new pics?
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

I only think of it when I find a big respectable poop, but I dont't have time to take poop pics like I used to. Went to have gallbaldder out the 11th, went fine, but had to stay longer thanks to severe heart failire. That's what doc said, and then left. It sounds scary just it's just my left ventricle's not pumping enough and vascular disease. I'm back to working 7 days a week again, 9-10 hrs a day, just tired some chest pain but ok.
    As for my sweet Banjo, she does look mighty cute every day, particularly when she wears her hat of dirt. So maybe li ahoukd leave camera downstairs. From sitting to soaking to burrowing, she's adorable. I should be shaaing that with the worked.
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

Nationality
    [United States]

Dang Crystal, sounds like you've hit a rough spot to say the least. Glad to hear you're up and running, but sounds like you should slow it down a bit girl.

Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry about your loss. It sucks losing a good toad or frog.

6. This member thanks crazy for this post:

gorgeous toads you have! I know how it is feeling like you haven't seen a poop in ages haha
    I think my toad must be just going in his substrate and I can't find it or something because he acts fine and eats great

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Stolzieren View Post
    gorgeous toads you have! I know how it is feeling like you haven't seen a poop in ages haha
    I think my toad must be just going in his substrate and I can't find it or something because he acts fine and eats great
    Check abandoned burrows. Sorry it took me so long to reply.
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Haven't been on with pics in a while but took Banjo out for a hop last week and tho she just sat there most of the time, couldn't help but turn it into a photo shoot. I was bored, and she was likely overwhelmed. This is a link (hope it works) to what she did basically the entire time: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...09877494527559
    Name:  10338383_10203235537462041_7654452004435843768_o.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  147.0 KB I copied this from my phone and just now noticed I chose the one with my finger in it. But Ukulele is growing those.

Enough with the sad, here's Banjo. Appreciate these cuz it's making me upload one by one. Also she's too cute one can't help but appreciate her. Even when she takes 5min to eat 2 small worms. Exasperating, but she's contemplative like that.
    Name:  IMG_167128091064002.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  80.1 KBName:  IMG_167132881764002.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  68.8 KBName:  IMG_167146621040002.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  74.9 KBName:  IMG_167153503644002.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  98.0 KBName:  IMG_167164511360002.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  98.5 KBName:  IMG_167177255516002.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  108.3 KBName:  IMG_167196075228002.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  102.8 KBName:  IMG_167205462207002.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  110.3 KBName:  IMG_167209520536002.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  116.2 KBName:  IMG_167213559197002.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  114.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_167220385646002.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  126.1 KBThese were there as a place marker in case she decided to move, then I found it to be a funny photo op. Neither of us were smoking.Name:  IMG_167231832870002.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  120.5 KBI dunno what I expected her to do with this.
    Name:  IMG_167251609390002.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  143.4 KBWhere's Banjo?
    Name:  IMG_167256308558002.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  88.5 KBName:  IMG_167265420533002.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  142.3 KB
    Stayed out as long as I could, being eaten by bugs, but I can only take so much fresh air and the outdoors. Name:  IMG_167078438372002.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  104.1 KB
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

She's looking good. I love the one w/the flower pot. Her expressions looks as if to say "HEY, whachadoin".

Nationality
    [United States]

The worms I mentioned were store-bought bait, eaten off a plate in tank the other day. I got it on video but again, it's 5min long. She wore out my camera battery contemplating them.
    Among all the other things she didn't do when outside, like move, she didn't eat anything (i wouldn't have let her, if she got that look like she saw something, and since she's so slow about it, i'd have plenty of time to scoop her up. i'd hope so, at least.). No outside or free-roaming insects are allowed. I have a cat for that. Also a hammer for killing carpenter ants.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    She's looking good. I love the one w/the flower pot. Her expressions looks as if to say "HEY, whachadoin".
    That was right before I took her inside. She was starting to notice the bugs that were eating me. In this one, she looks like she's ready to fight me..
    Name:  10447044_10203189248824854_5078282764305536143_n.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  117.1 KB
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

She just inhaled three worms, two with multivitamin that doesn't kill them as fast as reptive and one uncoated. I would"ve filmed it but I barely had time. Good girl.

I watched a video of Uki the other day and it hurt. I miss her, she was so active and full of life, so WHAT HAPPENED? Only had her for 6mnths, what did I do wrong. I've had Banjo for a year and 9mnths, and they shared everything. Except for Uki biting my finger. But that was July and she died in January. Found her just sitting in resting toad pose, under log hide, with Banjo beside her. I made sure she was buried in a resting toad pose, and it wasn't easy digging a hole in late Jan, which is why it's so close to the house. Everywhere else was frozen and a storm was coming. Anyway, Banjo doesn't look like a murderer, so I am at a loss as to what happened.

I did feed her a spider that was lurking near their tank. Uncertain when that was, but even if it wasn't what killed her, no more found food. Maybe she ate a bit of the moss that I removed because Banjo refused to go near it. No more moss either.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [Denmark]

They're beautiful! My two guys also love Canadian Nightcrawlers. Your girls catch'em good

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    She just inhaled three worms, two with multivitamin that doesn't kill them as fast as reptive and one uncoated. I would"ve filmed it but I barely had time. Good girl.

I watched a video of Uki the other day and it hurt. I miss her, she was so active and full of life, so WHAT HAPPENED? Only had her for 6mnths, what did I do wrong. I've had Banjo for a year and 9mnths, and they shared everything. Except for Uki biting my finger. But that was July and she died in January. Found her just sitting in resting toad pose, under log hide, with Banjo beside her. I made sure she was buried in a resting toad pose, and it wasn't easy digging a hole in late Jan, which is why it's so close to the house. Everywhere else was frozen and a storm was coming. Anyway, Banjo doesn't look like a murderer, so I am at a loss as to what happened.

I did feed her a spider that was lurking near their tank. Uncertain when that was, but even if it wasn't what killed her, no more found food. Maybe she ate a bit of the moss that I removed because Banjo refused to go near it. No more moss either.
    If she was wild caught, you really have no idea how old she was. It happened with one of my greys too and I was devastated. But again, he was wild caught, rehomed to me, and for all I know, he was an old man when I got him. He seemed perfectly fine, one day he buried himself, I dug him up and inspected him, he seemed fine, no idea why he was burying himself. Next day he buried himself again, I dug him up and he had passed away. He didn't seem impacted or anything like that, I will never know how or why he died, it makes me sad, but we really have no clue what we're getting when we get wild caught animals. I'm sorry for your loss, do not blame yourself though. Sometimes the most attentive owners lose a frog with little explanation.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

16. This member thanks LilyPad for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by LilyPad View Post
    If she was wild caught, you really have no idea how old she was. It happened with one of my greys too and I was devastated. But again, he was wild caught, rehomed to me, and for all I know, he was an old man when I got him. He seemed perfectly fine, one day he buried himself, I dug him up and inspected him, he seemed fine, no idea why he was burying himself. Next day he buried himself again, I dug him up and he had passed away. He didn't seem impacted or anything like that, I will never know how or why he died, it makes me sad, but we really have no clue what we're getting when we get wild caught animals. I'm sorry for your loss, do not blame yourself though. Sometimes the most attentive owners lose a frog with little explanation.
    The guy I adopted her from said he'd had her (he thought she was a he) for 3 or 4 years, found in NH, and she didn't grow much. He fed her wild caught insects and sometimes pet store crickets. She was a voracious eater, except she refused the last meal offered. Didn't seem sick or appear any different than usual, tho very unusual that she didn't eat. I used to have to block her from seeing Banjo's food.

She had a spot on her chin from start that you can see in pics and it would be clean after a soak but quickly collected dirt that stuck. No idea what that was about. And examining her after death, she had a spot on her underside by leg that looked like a grey rip. She wasn't dead long enough to rot, so maybe she injured herself and got an infection. I have a pic but not sure I want to post it. Also extremely bloated, but she was always large and fat. Made Banjo look so tiny in comparison. Ok, sorry for this...Name:  DSC00250.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  82.7 KBName:  DSC00256.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  86.2 KB Something went very wrong here. And Banjo was sitting beside her. Eek.
    Happier times..Name:  DSC00226.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  83.2 KBName:  DSC00231.jpg
Size:  121.3 KBName:  DSC00224.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  87.2 KB
    Banjo! Name:  DSC00264.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  123.4 KBName:  DSC00267.jpg
Size:  100.3 KBName:  DSC00268.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  64.7 KB
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Possible that she was egg bound since it was in the spring of the year. That's how I lost Rosie.

Nationality
    [United States]

I considered that but it was January. The ground was frozen and a storm was coming, had to bury her up near house, only diggable ground. It was sort of near dryer vent so when I saw melted snow I'm like' "who's messing with my girl???". But no, she's resting in peace.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Since she didn't hibernate would her internal clock know it was still winter or not. Since it happened so fast it's the only thing I can think of. I know Rosie was fine one day then she was off a little, then dead.

Nationality
    [United States]

Since she didn't hibernate would her internal clock know it was still winter or not. Since it happened so fast it's the only thing I can think of. I know Rosie was fine one day then she was off a little, then dead.
    Could be, but that sore looks sinister. I'm thinking infection and bloat, but the temptation to run downstairs and dig around for banjo is huge right now. I fluffed up her dirt today after water change, and left light on meaning to come back and feed her but the day got away from me. Now she's burrowed under flintstone hide. (Just looks like something out of the flintstones to me). A stressed frog is a more vulnerable frog so leaving her be. She'll let me know when she's hungry.

The other thing about uki is that she'd sit on log hide and just kind of spread. She had kind of a funny smell too. Not sure how to explain it. I should've noticed bloat but she was so active and hungry and normal. Ugh, what if it was parasites... but banjo didn't get it and she was sitting right beside uki when i found her. So unless there was foul play, I'm still at a loss. I don't think banjo is quite old enough to be gravid. But soon. I think she's two, and Uki was at least 5. That's the worst part, that if he really did have her that long, 6 months with me and she's gone.
    Banjo is it. My outside toads have yet to return to garage door. I must resist temptation to kidnap. I'll be thrilled if Hans "Bug-Eye" and/or Greta returned. I'm fairly sure I'd recognize Greta tho she'd be bigger, and 100% sure I'd recognize Hans. We're leaving the light on for them.
    wild hearts..."

Nationality
    [United States]

Like Motel 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    We're leaving the light on for them.

Nationality
    [United States]

Like Motel 6
    Exactly.
    wild hearts..."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information