Thread: Relocating my frog to my band's practice room - Noise!

mrsixstrings12

Question Relocating my frog to my band's practice room - Noise!

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a White's Tree Frog and absolutely love him. He looks so happy in his vivarium that I built for him. Right now he is in my family's workshop room. Nothing is going on in the room at the moment involving heavy dust or fumes but my parent's informed me that they would like me to move him into our music room because they plan on working on little projects over the winter. Its a good idea especially because it is a bit warmer in the music room. My only problem is when I have band practice or my brother is drumming it can be very loud in there. Is this going to effect him in anyway? If so, I have another room that I can put him in but its basically just a small storage room and can get quite cold in there during the winter.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Relocating my frog to my band's practice room - Noise!

Hum... sound like it's time to look for other alternatives. An active workshop is not good (fumes, dust and noise) and a music room with band practice or drumming while frogs sleep and even awake can be stressful. The storage room could work; but remember White's need 85F during daytime. If room is very cold it will required lot's of heat which could be a problem IRT humidity. Recommend start looking around house for better suitable places, good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

mrsixstrings12

The work room isn't very active as of right now other than me working on my halloween costume so it's all good right now. My parent's would like to keep him in the basement just cause of the off chance the frog gets out and my dog would find it haha Which i agree with, so looks like the storage room is my only choice. A good heater should do the trick though right? I'd say in the winter months, the room gets to be around 60F degrees. Maybe replace the mesh lid I have with something a little less open too?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Here is a good care article for them: Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information