Thread: Couple questions about a male AGTF

aegillesp

Default Couple questions about a male AGTF

Lucifer and Marven are doing incredible! Lucifer is getting meat on his tiny bones and he is croaking 4-6 times a day which still gets me as giddy as a school girl every time I hear it. I just have a couple questions though.
    1. I put at least 20 tiny crickets in a night and usually only 1-2 is left and he poops but he is up during the day most of the day. I keep a heating pad in the back right corner with a water bowl which hey both love and only use that bowl, so he sleeps ontop of the heating pad area, but he is awake, should I worry?
    2. He croaks more in the day than he does at night, is this normal or no? Marven is fast asleep all day and only comes out at night.
    3. He was cracking today and his "voice" cracked. When I went in and checked on him he started shedding, so is that why?
    4. Will his croaking voice change? The video I found of a AGTF was much higher pitched than what Lucifer is.
    5. When he does sleep during the day he sleeps right under the heat lamp and I'm worried he will dry out, because he has a couple of times so I missy him every once in a while when he is up there or on the heating pad since the paper wot peels get dry. Should I not and just let him do his thing in the water bowl when he needs or just continue to most like I do. I do use a fogger regularly.

i think lucifer is doing great, but my other frogs slept during the the day when they weren't sick. So I just want to make sure everything is peachy. I still have yet to see him croak and I'm dying to see him do it!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pactolus

Default Re: Couple questions about a male AGTF

Any kind of heat lamp with amphibians is an absolute no-no. The substrate heater is fine I think, as long as they have access to water and their substrate stays moist. But the heat lamp is dangerous and could dry them out to the point of death.

aegillesp

Default Re: Couple questions about a male AGTF

I've always used a heat lamp on the top of the tank and never had a problem with it. He only stays up there for a few hours but I mist him every hour or so when I know he is up there. It's the lowest wattage bulb and the fogger is on low all day to keep a steady stream of humidity. The light is on a dimmer switch too so I can lower the intensity.

Thread Information