Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet Ninja! Crested Gecko.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Meet Ninja! Crested Gecko.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Critters Pet Shop View Post

Make sure you are spraying down his home frequently, typically crested geckos prefer to drink off of the sides of the glass, or the leaves in its home.

Also if you feel he is not eating the CGD try mixing a drop of honey into it, they normally gobble it right up. I feel bad when people give up on the CGD and just feed crickets. Your gecko may enjoy the cricket more but will not get the nutrition they need.
    on that we gotta agree to disagree. a tank has to dry out completely before spraying again, if you want to talk numbers it should drop up to 40-50% before spraying again, otherwise you will have muddy, soggy, moldy tank, with tons of bacteria and more growing everywhere and a gecko with respiratory problems.
    general rule, lightly spray in am and heavily within a reason in pm, i usually do it after lights are off and a guys are more active. too much of good stuff is making it a bad stuff i always have a water dish just in case, for babies a bigger bottle cap, for bigger guys something bigger, i love that leaf shaped sticky dish, it looks awesome.

as for food, yes CGD is complete meaning you don't need to supplement it with anything.... that is in theory and what marketing says, however everybody is supplementing it with dusted insects, every single breeder i know or read about, because you can notice major improvement in growth rates, health and overall being, it is absolutely essential for breeding females as well. the major problem with repashy that most geckos don't eat it enough to get full benefits. especially with the latest V3, majority of mine are not eating it, a few licks at the best, some however don't care much, they eat anything in any amount given. Honey has too much sugars to be added to a diet on a regular basis.
    I do M/W/F repashy, sunday is a cricket day, and everybody eats them like crazy, even mature males, it is so much fun to watch them hunt too, but i do it in a separate bin or i put glass bowl with insects in a tank, like for tree frogs.

with repashy I try to switch it a little, different flavors every time, mine eat mango the best, peach and original a bit less and nobody eats banana, even not picky otherwise geckos.
    there are also pangea and clarks complete diets, pangea fruit mix to be added to diet for most picky ones. I just ordered pangea both mixes to try, hope mine will eat like people say they would.
    honestly although i agree that repashy food is great, he did a lot of research in formulating this diet, but marketing did it all in convincing us that it is the best. IMHO

Dan, there is nothing like frog forum!, but pangea forum seems good and pretty active, i think I'll register here, so far I'm just lurking once in a while.
    and you don't need gauges, i know, i know lol hard to believe coming from frog world lol
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was spaying three times a day. Morning, afternoon, and a heavy spray at night. Ill cut out the afternoon. No need for the honey. The little one will take repashys from my finger, I think soon enough he will recognize the food dish I have in the enclosure as a food source. I have a water bottle cap in the food dish also next to the food for water. I was more worried about the guages for winter time comming up. So I can monitor the temps. I didn't think our little one could move that fast chasing crickets down, was like a mini bull charge. Will these guys over eat crickets? He had 5 very small ones last night, that's all I offered and they didn't last too long in the enclosure, at what size/ age should i upgrade the enclosure? I have a spare 10 gallon, but plan on getting the 18x18x24 when he gets really big. Thanks for all the help, ill take a look at the Pangaea site. Oh and what about moss for these guys? The large log thing I have is hollow. I was thinking about stuffing it with moss when the little guy gets bigger so he doesn't get stuck if he tried to climb through.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

yeah it is so funny watch them hunt and they look so proud of themselves when successful
    nope they don't over eat, especially not crickets, same like with frogs, but some adults can be get too fat, so you'll need to watch for that then, not now. 5 very small ones sound reasonable, how big is a guy? he seems to be around 6-7g, is my guess right? if so you can place him now to 12x12x18 or similar, although your KK seems big and adequate. and it seems you have a little eating machine out there, some of them are getting stress out when placed into a new home, def not the case here lol

moss - same as for frogs principle apply not needed risk factor.
    P.S. i use infrared thermometer/gun one for almost all, never in a winter, if it is comfortable for us it is good for them, i use it for summer to make sure nothing is overheating.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

I don't have his weight but here is how long.

I have a laser handheld thermomer but that only measures surface temps. Is that the same as the infrared?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information