Thread: How to make my toad feed by herself

Default How to make my toad feed by herself

Most of you may know that I have to force feed Bubba,I wanted to purcharse sme live crickets or dubias so she could eat by herself but I purcharse 2 crickets and 2 dubias put in her terrarium and waited and she never noticed them.Also she have now a lot of substrate and some small helechos she have her hide and water dish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: How to make my toad feed by herself

Hum... you had Bubba for quite a while and she still refuses to eat . Other than trying to reduce stress by covering 3 sides of enclosure and placing in area of no traffic, can only say to try and keep offering live small items about distance between frog's eyes (insects) or same length as frog (earthworms). Maybe your frog just does not like captivity (some toads are like that) or is very stressed from all the force feeding. By the way; "helechos" are ferns .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thanks,my concern is that when she was very little she eated everything i puted in there her enclousure even with a lot of sounds .Also she have a deformity in his left eye (her eye dont grow like the other one)I think that could be one of the causes.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Have you tried putting feeder insects in smooth sided bowl and placing her next to it? Put lots in so they're all running around, and this usually gets a frog's attention. The bowl should be just deep enough that bugs can't easily get out. Cat food dishes work well. Half bury it in substrate so she can see in. If she hops away, gently put her back, unless she appears to see them but not care. In that case, leave them for a bit with a carrot chip to snack on, and hopefully she'll go for them at her leisure. Don't put her inside the bowl, she'll get in there herself when she gets to eating.
    My Banjo went thru a phase during and after growth spurt where she just didn't want anything. It worried me like crazy but eventually she went back to diving on anything offered. I hope this helps.
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

Thread Information