Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.backwaterreptiles.com

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Thumbs down www.backwaterreptiles.com

Well,

I needed some more adult red eye tree frog breeders and I have been looking for over a month now and this is the only place I could find them.
    Reptiles for Sale

I emailed sales@backwaterreptile.com and requested 4-15 adult red eyes.

Sam replies "YES WE HAVE TONS".

I replied I am looking to get 4-15 Perfectly Visible healthy and fat frogs off you (meaning if they look healthy to ship and receive) and if they are captive bred or wild-caught and if they are wild-caught would they possibly know where they were caught from specifically? Photos if possible but not required

Heres the email sam replied with:

Hi Corey,

To be honest, any time a customer says, "It must be PERFECT and X, and Y, and Z..." they lose me. No company will ever guarantee an animal to be perfect. I'd recommend purchasing at a reptile expo where you can see the actual animal you're purchasing, etc.

For what it's worth, the med/larges are wild caught, the smalls are cb.

Thanks,

Sam
    Backwater Reptiles
    Fax: (512) 646-3194
    Like us on Facebook

Im guessing he either missed the part where I said perfectly VISIBLE HEALTH AND FAT. -or- they clearly don't have any VISIBLY healthy fat frogs. Either way I am unable to purchase from them now because of this and I am more than discontent. I guess Ill be searching around across the country then.

What gets me is that on their home page down at the bottom it states this:

"When you buy amphibians from us, you can rest assured they are fully guaranteed to arrive alive and in great condition." Well Im not rest assured

Well I give them a zero star review. Sad day for me =/. I expect better from a company or at least an attempt to accommodate a customers needs. Id even accept.

"Unfortunately we cant guarantee the health of the frogs you receive but here is what we can offer you BLANK, BLANK, and BLANK."
    No
    attempt was made to complete a sale. BAD BAD! =(

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: www.backwaterreptiles.com

I've read a few things before about this place. I think I would look elsewhere for these. And I would wait until a Repticon is in your area, this way you can actually see what you are getting.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Theres someone on here who is selling baby red eyed tree frogs. His frogs are fat chubby healthy little guys

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Shows wont have the Quantity I need unfortunately. I don't even think we have REPTICONS in San Diego or LA. Just REPTILE SUPER SHOW and theres another one further north but not REPTICON. I have been the only CAPTIVE BRED vendor at shows locally for red eyes this past year. =/

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by XDragonFrogX View Post
    Theres someone on here who is selling baby red eyed tree frogs. His frogs are fat chubby healthy little guys
    Unfortunately I need adults =/

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I have watched lots of reviews about that place and from the sound of things it ain't good.

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

After posting the same review on their facebook page. I received an email from "FRANK" someone who i haven't been working with in this company.

EMAIL IS READ AS FOLLOWS:

Hi Cory,

Admittedly I did mis-read your e-mail...I thought you said, in all caps, that they had to be "PERFECT" and "FAT." Whenever a customer demands perfection, they lose me. Meaning, I can't help them, because no animal is perfect, you can always find an imperfection somewhere. You apparently took my response very hard and very personally, which wasn't my intention.

Regardless, your post on our Facebook page has been deleted, and if I ever hear of a negative review from you, without having ever ordered--you can expect the same ten-fold for the immature way in which you're acting. You have my word on that.

Grow up.

Frank
    Backwater Reptiles
    Fax: (512) 646-3194qu
    Like us on Facebook

I dont like that fact that there was not an apology made. Im not sure but only Sam has been the one I have been talking to. NOT FRANK. Have I been working with FRANK or SAM? So apparently posting a not so good review of their customer service makes me IMATURE. THis seems really fishy to me now. My review on their facebook page was the exact same one as on here. *COPY AND PASTE* Apparently they demand a purchase from their company to make reviews about them ONLY. Although that is an avenue you can take for a review, it can also be made by customer service which is the one I made.
    Based on the response to this email, ill still not sure if Ill be working with them now that they are letting me do service with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ PELCHER View Post

Heres the email sam replied with:

Hi Corey,

To be honest, any time a customer says, "It must be PERFECT and X, and Y, and Z..." they lose me. No company will ever guarantee an animal to be perfect. I'd recommend purchasing at a reptile expo where you can see the actual animal you're purchasing, etc.

For what it's worth, the med/larges are wild caught, the smalls are cb.

Thanks,

Sam
    Backwater Reptiles
    Fax: (512) 646-3194
    Like us on Facebook
    Just to clarify, after you received this email.. what happened next?

In any case, best of luck in acquiring breeding stock.

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

After I received that email. I posted the review here and on their facebook page. They deleted the facebook review and fortunately for everyone here you can all read the progress of what is happening. I will update EVERY time i get a response and send one.

redeyedtreefrog123451

After I received that email. I posted the review here and on their facebook page. They deleted the facebook review and fortunately for everyone here you can all read the progress of what is happening. I will update EVERY time i get a response and send one.

You should try LLLreptile they have all ages (babies small size sub adult adult) of Red eyed tree frog

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Well they said they cant guarantee the needs of my requests after the 4th email due to the fact they cannot guarantee a male or female being sent to me. My needs were to specific for them to handle.
    However, they finally stated after several emails asking where they were caught from that they came from Nicaragua. Due to the location they have a pretty fair chance of having chytridiomycosis. Frogs in that general location have been known to carry that disease. This will complete and finalize the testimonial.

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

I tried LLL they only have babies. =/

Hmm.. i have no idea who sells adults :/ sorry i cant help you there

N3XU5

After posting the same review on their facebook page. I received an email from "FRANK" someone who i haven't been working with in this company.

EMAIL IS READ AS FOLLOWS:

Hi Cory,

Admittedly I did mis-read your e-mail...I thought you said, in all caps, that they had to be "PERFECT" and "FAT." Whenever a customer demands perfection, they lose me. Meaning, I can't help them, because no animal is perfect, you can always find an imperfection somewhere. You apparently took my response very hard and very personally, which wasn't my intention.

Regardless, your post on our Facebook page has been deleted, and if I ever hear of a negative review from you, without having ever ordered--you can expect the same ten-fold for the immature way in which you're acting. You have my word on that.

Grow up.

Frank
    Backwater Reptiles
    Fax: (512) 646-3194qu
    Like us on Facebook

I dont like that fact that there was not an apology made. Im not sure but only Sam has been the one I have been talking to. NOT FRANK. Have I been working with FRANK or SAM? So apparently posting a not so good review of their customer service makes me IMATURE. THis seems really fishy to me now. My review on their facebook page was the exact same one as on here. *COPY AND PASTE* Apparently they demand a purchase from their company to make reviews about them ONLY. Although that is an avenue you can take for a review, it can also be made by customer service which is the one I made.
    Based on the response to this email, ill still not sure if Ill be working with them now that they are letting me do service with them.
    They told you to grow up!? Backwater reptiles obviously needs to get out of the reptile/amphibian business, and grow up.

I wouldnt buy from backwater personally. I have a red eyed crocodile skink who originally came from them but she was bought by someone else. Then i got her from them.

redeyedtreefrog123451

I tried LLL they only have babies. =/
    Oh darn sorry last time they had all ages! :P

demon amphibians

I have also had a couple bad experiences with this site. The way their site is set up makes them look very professional but this is very misleading. First i ordered a few hundred dubias from them i received them in the mail after 3 days of ordering, when i opened the box they all came rushing out all over the place. granted dubia are very slow but when you have hundreds running in every direction it is not a good surprise especially when you are new to breeding roaches and had second thoughts about roaches to begin with. they used no containers they just put them all in a box with a few peaces of torn up cardboard then along with roach chow and water crystals which they charged 10 times the price of what the items where even worth. anyways they just threw these items in the box of loose roaches as well which in shipping crushed many of them. But despite my better instincts i order a smooth sided toad from them a few weeks later. it arrived skinny and none active. it wouldnt eat or hop around it was extremely malnourished. Keep in mind this toad was overnighted, so when i ordered it i received it the very next day which tells anyone with a brain that they sent this toad in this condition. It died less then two days later. smooth sided toads are not cheap either. I emailed them and they said that there was nothing they could do because it arrived alive and i didn't send a pic when it arrived. not to mention they where some what rude in the email. I also posted a bad review on their site and just like what they did to CJ, they deleted it with in an hour of me posting. One more thing i would like to add is that they have cane toad listed and a marine toad listed on there site at different prices. Cane toad and marine toad are the exact same species. So what would be the reason behind having these listed as two different species at different prices? It may be because they are different sizes but when they list them under different names kinda hints that they do not know much about this species. I emailed them to ask this very question and i never got a response. after reading CJs post i am not a bit surprised that they pulled this stunt. I just hope that people on this forum read this and don't make the same mistakes i did.

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Demon,

Thanks for the heads up. =O thats crazy!!

Hypnotic

A.I.R EXOTICS, I think the way that they replyed to you, and even tryed to intimidate you not to post a negative review, pretty much sums it all up. They clearly don't strike me as professional with an attitude like that.
    Demon, sorry, but I couldn't help nearly spitting out my orange juice laughing. I'l admit, that's no way to ship cockroaches, but seriously, the mental image I had of you opening that box just cracked me up.
    Reading all of the above, I definitely would not buy from them if I lived close enough too, they don't sound professional at all. And if your going to ship a box of roaches without any containers inside, atleast write it on the box.

ejh805

From everything I've read about them, they're awful to deal with.
    And the animals that are bought from Backwater, they never even see. What's the term?.....drop shippers. Technically the animal is never even seen by the people selling it to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information