Thread: Brown Leaf Mantella (M.betsileo) Terrarium

Default Brown Leaf Mantella (M.betsileo) Terrarium

Hi everyone,

This is my first thread here, so thought I would do one on a Terrarium I recently refurbished

I was given this Terrarium a couple of years ago and it ended up not getting used so I put it into storage, until a couple of months ago I really needed a temporary Terrarium for my M.betsileo before I get my E.N.T's lol Brought the tank out and saw how poor the workmanship was on it and had to rebuild it as it was full of gaps and the like which I wasn't comfortable with.

Here are a few photographs of what it looked like:

Anyway, seeing as it is merely a temporary measure before I build the final Terrarium, a little refurbishment had to be done which doesn't look a lot in these Photographs but honestly it wasn't a pretty sight to see lol :P

So after I did a little altering and moving around of Bogwood etc (Notice I added one bit) I ended up planting it up and adding all the enrichment they would need

This photograph was taken a month or two ago but it's already grown a lot, especially that creeping Ivy! The Fittonia also has grown rapidly aswell as you can see from this photo, the group love hiding amongst it

Anyway, sorry for the boring thread! It's not how I would like it too be as their next enclosure is going to represent their wild habitat as best as I can make it, so stay tuned as I will do a thread on each of my upcoming builds for all my Amphibia!

Thank you all for reading

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

FishChum

Default Re: Brown Leaf Mantella (M.betsileo) Terrarium

Looks amazing! I had no idea what direction you where headed with it.... until the plants where in. I may take parts of you design for my self, mainly the ivy bit. thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by FishChum View Post
    Looks amazing! I had no idea what direction you where headed with it.... until the plants where in. I may take parts of you design for my self, mainly the ivy bit. thanks for posting!
    Thank you It is just a temporary one but it serves it's purpose! :P lol Glad you liked it

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Not boring and came out looking good ! Do share others you build and thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information