Thread: what if my toads start breeding...

XfrogX

Default what if my toads start breeding...

i dont want a thousand tadpoles all over, but if they just produce a few eggs,

HOW DO I FREEKIN TAKE CARE OF EM?

tempature? water? plants? do i need to feed them... (wait...theyre eggs! I DONT FEED EGGS!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: what if my toads start breeding...

I would research your specific species to see if you're really setup to care for tadpoles.

To be honest, though, amphibians rarely just start producing viable eggs without some environmental manipulation from the keeper. I've heard of a handful of species that were well set up that produced eggs, but to keep them going the keepers had to step in.

You can probably just flush/throw away any eggs you find, if you find any, until you're experienced enough to try setting them up on their own.

-Jen
    LLLReptile and Supply Co, Inc - Your one stop herp shops!
    "Like" us on Facebook for coupons, sales, and updates! - http://www.facebook.com/LLLReptile
    Sign up for Reptile Times, a totally FREE e-zine dedicated entirely to reptiles and amphibians!
    http://list.lllreptile.com/?p=subscribe&id=1

demon amphibians

Default Re: what if my toads start breeding...

Quote Originally Posted by XfrogX View Post
    i dont want a thousand tadpoles all over, but if they just produce a few eggs,

HOW DO I FREEKIN TAKE CARE OF EM?

tempature? water? plants? do i need to feed them... (wait...theyre eggs! I DONT FEED EGGS!)
    LLL is right do some research on temps they generally eat aquatic frog food and algae wafers very cheap. if you do happen to breed once the become toadlets i will buy them from you for a dollar a piece so if you have 100 to get rid of i will pay you 100 bucks i will also give you shipping advice and pay for the materials for you to ship. so fear not my friend there is some for you to gain from an accident. and fear not, if you do have tadpoles naturally not all will survive. even out of 250 eggs it is normal to only have 100 make it to toad hood. these are just estimated numbers i have no idea how many eggs you will even get or the mortality rate of them.

Thread Information