Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Impaction.

Hypnotic

Default Re: Impaction.

If only frogs could understand us, she's probably freaking out from all the handling. But fortunately it's for her own good. I really hope she poops soon. Poor girl.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah. Its a hard balance with the little ones. Soak and lots of stress vs. No soak and no stress and no poop. Wish she was more like Mojo. He never really seems to care when handled.

Hypnotic

Same for my adult girl and my teen male, they really couldn't care less. I actually have to move Bubba nightly because his burrow is right next to his waterdish and it makes feeding extremely tricky lol, he really isn't botherd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    honestly it doesn't look too bad, i'd continue with soaks and give her small piece of nightcrawler with reptiboost if she is interested.
    She took a small piece of nightcrawler with reptaboost. I'm going to put her in her soak dish when I leave for work in the morning.

Checked her this morning to put her in her soak dish, but she beat me to it. She was already soaking.

Looked up some herp vets. The closest one is about three hours away.

I think with the honey soaks, if you use warm water the emollient effect is better... makes it easier to pass the blockage. Use slightly warmer than blood temperature water, not hot enough to burn.

If dragons were real I'd totally be in on that...
    1 German Shepherd X- Badger

I have her water under my heat light that has a dimmer. Its barely on. It keeps the water warm, keeps the temps good, and keeps the humidity around 80 percent give or take in her small critter keeper. I have a laser thermometer to make sure water is warm enough.

Yay! Found a vet in the area that treats reptiles and amphibian. I have the next available appointment but its on Tuesday. The doctor is going to be calling me back to talk to me as soon as she can.

Hypnotic

Goodluck! Hope it can be treated easely and fast! I'm wondering, what substate did the store have her on?

Ecoearth that was too wet. And a big ball of moss. They only had her for a day, i fwas thinking it was too soon to accidently eat any moss. Im willing to bet that she infact did eat some, either that or the two waxworms she ate. Couldnt resist taking her home.

Grrr. The herp vet finally called back and said they don't know enough about frogs.

Welk she was able to get some out tonight, another quarter inch or so. She isn't done yet, I'm hoping to see a big frog turd when I wake up in the morning.

No poop. The poop that was comming out looked huge. Seems that whatever was blocking her up as become dislodged . She is still soaking in her dish right now. Now that she is soaking on her own I'm going to stop soaking her in the afternoon. I was trying to put her in her dish yesterday and she tried to chomp me (guess its a good thing that she has fight in her). I will be putting her on a regular feeding schedule too agian, but not feed her as much in a sitting. Nothing but nightcrawlers with reptaboost till she gets it all out. Then ill be going back to regular dusting schedule. I feel a bit better now about her. Not in the clear yet, but making some progress. I hope that all the stress the past few days hasn't done any damage.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by danfrog View Post
    Grrr. The herp vet finally called back and said they don't know enough about frogs.
    Oh no... darn !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Yay! She got even more out a little bit ago. Had the wife change her water as soon as she left her soak dish.

Nationality
    [Canada]

you know that is how most of them do it, they don't just pass a big one out, but little pieces at a time at the beginning and when it is close to all out you see a soft big one. so far so good for you, hope it will continue to be out piece by piece

p.s. what i love about FF is that we can talk poop all day long and get so excited when we see it lol. non frog people will never get it !
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

She was very grumpy yesterday, she was tired of being placed in her waterdish, and almost bit me. Next couple days I'm going to be working on destressing her and getting her back on track feeding.
    Oh, and yes, poop is very good.

Nationality
    [United States]

Sounds like her digestive tract is imbalanced. This can cause them to become constipated. These frogs can even grow faster than their internal organs do so will sometimes look like they can handle larger meals than they actually can. That can pose a problem, but the organs will catch up.

I would dust her food with the Repta Boost for a while to get everything back on track.

I plan to feed reptaboost covered nightcrawlers for about a week or so. And continue the reptaboost once every week for a couple weeks, then once every two weeks and so on. Do I still need to worry about calcium/vitamins during this process? I am also going to be feeding smaller meals. I'm thinking quarter Inch sized nightcrawler chunks.

I want to thank everyone for thier help and support.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by danfrog View Post
    I plan to feed reptaboost covered nightcrawlers for about a week or so. And continue the reptaboost once every week for a couple weeks, then once every two weeks and so on. Do I still need to worry about calcium/vitamins during this process? I am also going to be feeding smaller meals. I'm thinking quarter Inch sized nightcrawler chunks.

I want to thank everyone for thier help and support.
    It is fine to continue the normal vitamin and calcium dustings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information