Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good thread!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: Good thread!

Is it ok to give them baths of just warm water once a week without the honey?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hypnotic

Yeah it is, especially if they haven't pooped. I drop my froggies in the waterdish after saturdays feeding, if I don't find poop later, it's a luke warm bath on sundays.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

All my frogs life I have had to force feed him. I don't know what it is but sometimes he will make exceptions and actually eat by himself. He is almost a year old. Do you think if I kept trying tong feeding him he would eventually feel so hungry that he would need to eat and I would be able to train him to tong feed him?

Hypnotic

Howmany times do you force feed per week and howmuch per day? An adult should eat once or twice a week, or several small meals on it's own. If you have to force feed that long, something must be wrong.
    I really hope your not force feeding on a weekly basis, because if you are the frog has no chance to be really hungry.
    I do think it might be a good idea to drop the forcefeeding for a week or two or even three, to check his response.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I wont feed him for a week or two and see what he does. I always see if he will eat by himself before I force feed him. The other day he lunged for a worm missed and gave up which was annoying to watch but yesterday he ate a locust by himself but it was in a small blue, plasic box with soil in it where I temporarily put him when I'm cleaning his enclosure.

Edit:I think I may try him in a faunarium and see if he will start eating since he ate in that blue box.

Hypnotic

That's worth trying! Really hope it will make a difference for you, I can imagine how troublesome it must be to constantly force feed your beloved frog. But look at it this way, you've answerd all the questions, can't find any direct cause, so if it's just his behaviour he would have had alot of problems surviving in the wild, if he survived at all that is.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

It's awful Hypnotic, your lucky that you have frogs which understand what food is. I feel so cruel because he pushes my hands away and sometimes squeaks when pick him up because he knows what's coming. It's definitely him because temp and humidity are all fine. His humidity is about 70 to 80 all the time and his temp is usually 24 to 28 because it kinda fluctuates and I don't know why. I usually spray his tank and he always closes his eyes. I was in shock when I saw him eat all by himself when he was in that blue box. How do you think I should heat the faunarium? A heat mat on the side?

Also I apologise for asking my own questions on someone else's thread, I won't post anymore.

Hypnotic

I use a heatmat, but I don't attach it to the side. I attach it to something besides it so I can move the faunarium left and right, changing the temperatures manually. I had alot of problems keeping my frogs heated untill I experimented and came up with this method. My heat mats are on 24/7, if the night time temp drop doesn't take care of the extra temp, I simply slide the keeper a cm or two to the right.

All good Truffs. I'm wondering though about your frogs eating habits. Lets put more eyes on your situation, and fill out the trouble in the enclosure questions on a seperate thread. When more people see what's going on they might pick up on something small you are overlooking.

Hypnotic

He actually allready did that danfrog, and nothing came up from the answers.

Ive scrolled down a little bit an only found one thread by Truffs. Can you post a link plz to the trouble in the enclosure questions so I can review them again?

BerserkApe

Dreading what's gonna be coming out of Boxxie and Rygel. They're both up to six large night-crawlers each.

and in regards to frogs not eating my Wakka is like that. He rarely eats from the tongs but I can get him to eat if I put him in a feeding tank. He's also not an aggressive biter.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Quote Originally Posted by danfrog View Post
    Ive scrolled down a little bit an only found one thread by Truffs. Can you post a link plz to the trouble in the enclosure questions so I can review them again?
    I will post the updated answers to the questions tommorow because my heat mat has just broken.

Little bit of calling, or something to worry about? I haven't heard or seen him since sunday so I dug him up.

Hypnotic

He looks fat! I'm sure you posted it before Danfrog, but how big is Mojo's SVL? He really looks like a spoiled frog.

4 inches. He is all puffed up from me checking on him.

Hypnotic

Nice size! He surely looks healthy!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by danfrog View Post
    Little bit of calling, or something to worry about? I haven't heard or seen him since sunday so I dug him up.
    This is the pre-call or post-call phase of his vocal sack.

Oh he calls from time to time. I just never seen his throat sac like that. He actually pooped on his substrate last night for the first time. I think he did it to get back at me for digging him up. Oh well, no soak for Mr. Mojo this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information