Thread: Caloric content

lumpbump

Default Caloric content

Just curious if anyone happens to know how much zoomed pacman food should be fed to pacs? Direction says make a ball about half the size of the frogs mouth but doesn't say how many balls to feed. Anyone happen to know of any articles that lists the caloric content of different types of feeder roaches and other types of foods? I believe the pacman food is nutritionally balanced so no need for dusting. It's very convenient but don't want to over do it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bo

Default Re: Caloric content

We're new to frogs, but ours were tong trained to eat pacman food and that's all we feed. Our lil frogs are healthy and readily accept it. I'm feeding them one small ball of food daily. Feeding is quick and clean.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Caloric content

There you go: Caudata Culture Articles - Nutritional Values. Pacman's do not overfeed; so feed all it will eat once daily (babies to around 3-3.5 in.) to satiation. For bigger frogs you can go every other day or 1 on 2 off as per particular frog based on it's feeding response. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

I don't know if I would feed only the pacman food. The makers say you can but. I would use it more like a treat every couple weeks for more variation. I do intend to get some samurai pacman food, but just don't know about the zoomed stuff.

Thread Information