Thread: Bringing two (three?) african dwarf frogs into 10gallon with betta questions

MitraC

Default Bringing two (three?) african dwarf frogs into 10gallon with betta questions

Hi as of today my betta is in a 10 gallon (from a 3g). This upcoming Friday my LPS gets their shipment of ADF's so on that day I am headed to purchase two (because they dont know how to feed them and there is always dead ones in the tank so I dont want to buy a starved frog). I am stumped if I should get two male, two female or one of each? I really wanted one of each but I dont want them to get sad that their eggs are being eaten by the Betta (or the frogs become defensive). Would this happen or would be getting one male and one female be fine? Also 3 ADF's would be pushing it with a Betta in a 10gallon, correct? What is your guys/girls opinion on owning a male or female ADF (which is "better" ).

I really hope my Betta accepts the frogs into his new home. I wanted the frogs to be put in first to reduce the chance of my Betta being defensive but that didn't go as planned. My Betta flares at literally everything except my face so that worries me a bit for a successful integration for my frogs. I have a DIY tank divider ready in case but I really don't want to use it. Thanks for the responses I am eager to learn from people with experience.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information