Thread: Frog croaking

DeltaElite121

Default Frog croaking

Simple question: has your frog EVER croaked underneath the substrate? Because I have a croaking frog in my closet, but I honestly can't tell which frog did it. I swear my big frog is a definitely female, but my 'baby' isn't even above the surface and has croaked 6 times tonight... 7 now as of just this second, lol.

I walked into my closet to inspect and my female frog is poised in a 'ready' position in her bowl.

I am perplexed. Didn't someone on here have a clip of their female croaking?

I should also mention the tone is really close to an adult male pacman.. like almost a quacking noise I guess. It's definitely not deep at all. My little pixie is just at 3.25" currently, so still very small. Two of the croaks actually lasted literally 4 seconds and went from low-high-low pitched (like a musical range almost)... Definitely the strangest croak I've ever heard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DeltaElite121

Default Re: Frog croaking

definitely the female croaking! She croaked again, so I decided to place my phone next to her cage to see if it was her. The best part is - I got two solid croaks on voice recording, and it's very clear at that! This is exciting news. Going to figure out how to post this recording and I will share the link.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

lol that must have been so much fun for you! lol
    yes females can produce noises, but your 3.25" ( if that is a male) can too, but female "voice" is high pitched in comparison to males who go low and like a cow. younger males though go a bit higher pitch then mature ones. there was a thread some time ago with recorded female voice, OP was curios if that is a male.

i just got a though that is very much like humans lol

will wait for recording!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

My African Bullfrog often croaks with his body under the substrates but I'm not sure about when he's completely buried.

Default Frog croaking

I can confirm that they do croak when completely buried. My boy was down for a month in a little chamber he created under the sub and was apparently just hanging out, croaking late at night.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Truffs1178 View Post
    My African Bullfrog often croaks with his body under the substrates but I'm not sure about when he's completely buried.
    when my girl is very angry she sometimes digs under her water bowl and growls there, very funny, last time she did it was when i tried to take pics of her thumbs for Grif lol she bit me and then growled under her water bowl so quite some time, so all you see in a tank is substrate and water bowl that growls i kinda got a whole new respect for her privacy since then lol
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

DeltaElite121

Where is a good place to upload the recording? This frog just croaked again, and I am dying to share it haha!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaElite121 View Post
    Where is a good place to upload the recording? This frog just croaked again, and I am dying to share it haha!
    You can upload the sound to your thread.

Thread Information