Hello fellow frog forum members, I have a few ques. regarding my fire belly's in terms of food. Right now I feed them crickets from petsmart or petsuppliesplus but I was wondering if I need to feed them more then just crickets everyday? If I do then what else do I feed them, I heard that you can feed them earthworms and mealworms. I have tried mealworms and they just ignore them. I put the mealworms in a dish and dug it into the gravel since I'm using water/land setup and mealworms like any worm dig down and they just let them sit in the dish and don't eat them. The first time I put the mealworms in they ate a few but not all. I put at least 4 in the dish. Also, the mealworms ended up dying after a few days. I put some oatmeal and cut up carrots in with the mealworms in the same container they came in and put it in the refrigerator to keep them from turning into beetles and they died. Was I doing something wrong with the mealworms? Or are they supposed to die after a few days? Also, a few questions about earthworms, can I get them from outside in my yard or do I have to buy them from some store like night crawlers used for fishing. The employee at petsmart where I got my first fire belly said not to feed them anything from outside because these frogs are not from around here and our pesticides are different. Is that true? I know that they are not from the US but, about the pesticides being a problem to not to capture stuff from outside and feed it to my frogs. I know I have a lot of ques. but I'm still new to fire belly toads and other frogs/toads and I would really appreciate any responses to this thread! Thanks!!