Thread: Food For Thought...

ICEMAN

Default Food For Thought...

I was feeding my pacman frog crickets today, about 14 large, and I got to thinking about their nutritional value, I feed mine plain springmix with vitamins and calcium dusted on the food. Would this be a good diet to boost nutritional value in the cricket for the frog? I want the frog to have a proper diet and not be malnourished. He is A great feeder, and eats like a cow, but is he getting his proper protein, vitamins etc, from the crickets fed on springmix? I thought about using crushed cat food for the protein factor to boost up the crickets. Also, I'm aware this could have gone under the food category but I would like to hear the thoughts of fellow pacman owners. Thanks for any info!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hypnotic

Default Re: Food For Thought...

Personally, I feed mine, crickets, red runners, mice, B. dubias, waxworms, silkworms and locusts. When they get up to adult size, I feed only B. dubias & locusts with the ocasional mouse, I gutload all my feeders with fresh fruit and vegetables, and offcourse dust them with calcium and vitamins on seperate days. But don't ask me about numbers. :P

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Food For Thought...

crickets are best when they're not fed to a pacman , very low nutritional value even with gut load. crickets are a bit better when you feed them bunch of veggies/friuts, repashy bug burger, no need to dust cricket food with anything, you need to dust crickets themselves before you give them to your frog, but you better use dubia and nightcrawlers with occasional treats.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information