Thread: Opinions needed

Hypnotic

Default Opinions needed

1)
    So I recently remodeld an enclosure for both my pacmans, to find out the size of it is 27Lx23Dx40H.
    This seems perfect to house my baby pacman in and the one that's on the way. (devided offcourse), but I have a question regarding my adult female, she's currently 11CM SVL, she never moves, she never even uses the waterdish, but always burrows right next to it. Can she be housed temporarily in here? And if yes, untill what size? To be clear, her waterdish would consume half her terrarium space, or should I replace it with a smaller one for the time being? Note: if it's really too small or a tight fight, I can always house my 2 babys in there and leave her in a heated curver untill my last project is complete.

2)
    Also, a few questions regarding feeding, I use the standard 15min tong feeding technique, however, last night I noticed my baby pacman assumed overeating himself. He couldn't get his mouth closed, he sat there for a while compressing, he did this 3-4 times, before he was able to close his mouth. Prey items were of normal size, the way I always feed them to him. Note that he ate 7 medium to large for his size prey items in 10 minutes, so I just stopped feeding after that. Or what is wrong and should I continue untill the 15 minutes are up?

3)
    My big girl gets a mouse once a month, should this feeding day be seen as, here is your mouse, that's it? Or depending on size, multiple mice (15min rule), or one mouse under 15 min rule with a side of locusts?
    Please note: I want my girl nice big and round but at no cost to her health.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Opinions needed

sorry nobody replied.

So I recently remodeld an enclosure for both my pacmans, to find out the size of it is 27Lx23Dx40H.
    This seems perfect to house my baby pacman in and the one that's on the way. (devided offcourse), but I have a question regarding my adult female, she's currently 11CM SVL, she never moves, she never even uses the waterdish, but always burrows right next to it. Can she be housed temporarily in here? And if yes, untill what size? To be clear, her waterdish would consume half her terrarium space, or should I replace it with a smaller one for the time being? Note: if it's really too small or a tight fight, I can always house my 2 babys in there and leave her in a heated curver untill my last project is complete.
    will convert first to inches so your enclosure is 10"x9"x15" and the q is if you can place here your 4.5" female, right? well...... it is gonna be tight for her, I'm not worrying so much about the space, more about the waste, temporarily sure you can do that, but you will need to change the substrate very often, once in 2 week at least, water dish you can do around 5" in diameter, so if she wants to go there she'd fit in.

if you decide to house 2 babies in there you need to make sure you silicone in the divider and it is water proof.

Also, a few questions regarding feeding, I use the standard 15min tong feeding technique, however, last night I noticed my baby pacman assumed overeating himself. He couldn't get his mouth closed, he sat there for a while compressing, he did this 3-4 times, before he was able to close his mouth. Prey items were of normal size, the way I always feed them to him. Note that he ate 7 medium to large for his size prey items in 10 minutes, so I just stopped feeding after that. Or what is wrong and should I continue untill the 15 minutes are up?
    15 min is just a guidance, you can go more or less if needed, if you don't feed junk food they won't get obese. not sure what size and what you're feeding, if you meant crickets, large one are too big for a baby.

My big girl gets a mouse once a month, should this feeding day be seen as, here is your mouse, that's it? Or depending on size, multiple mice (15min rule), or one mouse under 15 min rule with a side of locusts?
    Please note: I want my girl nice big and round but at no cost to her health.

one mouse a month is more then enough, in fact i never give a mouse on regular basis, just for variety and only if i have leftovers of f/t. if after she ate a mouce you still see she's hungry don;t give anything, animal protein is more difficult to digest and it is better to give her a break after such a meal, I don't feed anything at all after giving a mouse for at least 5-7 days. and nightcrawlers only after for a few next feedings.

she will be big and round for a long if she is healthy!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Hypnotic

Thanks for the advice, that certainly answered my questions. I've decided to leave my girl in her curver, I'm going to put my 2 babies next to eachother, and yes, the devider is siliconed in and wedged between the 2 background plates.
    I just have a followup question though, I see alot of people talking about nightcrawlers, does everyone just get them in a baitshop?

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

i need a lot so i order online or get a bit amounts from a suppliers, but the ones from a bait shop are good, just make sure they're dye free
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information