Thread: new terrarium setup

ChrissyBee

Default new terrarium setup

After getting some fantastic information and advice from this forum, I recently set up a pacman frog terrarium. I made a few adjustments today and this is the 'final' result (for now, haha).

It's a 25 gallon, wide aquarium. Ecoearth for bedding. I have live plants in there for now...I know, pacman frogs will dig and destroy! I have them in pots that I hoped might discourage digging but we'll see what happens as my little guy gets larger (right now he's a baby). I piled the substrate deep in hopes that he'll find plenty of other suitable areas in there to dig.

Heating and humidity are a challenge for me, I keep hermit crabs in the same room and it's taken me a while to get the conditions right for them - hopefully I'll have less of a struggle with this one. I have a heat pad on one side of the tank and a ceramic heat emitter, as well as a day light (turns off at night). Right now I'm just misting daily for humidity but if necessary I might purchase a fogger. For my crabs I have an airstone in the waterdish which works well but I'm thinking that might be too disturbing for the frog?

I also wrapped the screen cover with plastic where the lights aren't in shining so hopefully that helps!

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  90.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default new terrarium setup

Your tank looks nice.

How are temps and humidity in there now?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

ChrissyBee

Default Re: new terrarium setup

How are temps and humidity in there now?
    The temps have risen to where I'd like them (from low to high 20's - Celsius obviously). But of course now the humidity is dropping a little. It was holding steady around 80% but I just checked and it was down to 70 so I misted. I was hoping the plants would help offset the heat effects humidity wise since a couple of them are basically rooted in water but I think I may need to consider something to regulate the humidity. I just misted again which is fine, but there will be times when I travel with work and I'll need something as my pet sitter (aka husband) would probably forget the daily mistings :P

Thread Information