Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • White's Tree Frog!

14 77.78%
  • Red Eyed Leaf Frog!

4 22.22%
  • Some Other Tree Frog.

0 0%
  • Forget the Tree Frogs and get a Poison Dart Frog!

0 0%

Thread: White's Tree Frog or Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Firestar72

Default White's Tree Frog or Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Well I was sure of which kind of tree frog I wanted until I came to this forum. lol I have a 33 gallon, tall terrarium that has a waterfall and live plants. I think either would be good in there. I think the White's would be easier and fun but I think the Red Eyed are beautiful and peaceful. I just don't know what to choose. What does the group think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Firestar72

Default Re: White's Tree Frog or Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar72 View Post
    Well I was sure of which kind of tree frog I wanted until I came to this forum. lol I have a 33 gallon, tall terrarium that has a waterfall and live plants. I think either would be good in there. I think the White's would be easier and fun but I think the Red Eyed are beautiful and peaceful. I just don't know what to choose. What does the group think?
    Well, just about everyone that voted..chose the White's so that more I thought about it I decided to get the White's.

Andry

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar72 View Post
    Well, just about everyone that voted..chose the White's so that more I thought about it I decided to get the White's.
    I wish we had some reason behind what people voted for. I am thinking of getting RETF's, but now I wonder why all the votes for the White's? Why are they funner?

Skulldroog

Quote Originally Posted by Andry View Post
    I wish we had some reason behind what people voted for. I am thinking of getting Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's, but now I wonder why all the votes for the White's? Why are they funner?
    I personally have two white's and a red eyed. I find that the whites are more socially active, especially when it comes time to feed them. They're a more "solid" frog if you get what I'm saying. They're more social when it comes to human activity.

Andry

Interesting. Thanks for you reply. So, do you keep them separate, or can they live together? Tell me what you like about the red eyed. His good looks and peacefulness? Is it safe to handle the White's a little more than RETF's?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldroog View Post
    I personally have two white's and a red eyed. I find that the whites are more socially active, especially when it comes time to feed them. They're a more "solid" frog if you get what I'm saying. They're more social when it comes to human activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Andry View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for you reply. So, do you keep them separate, or can they live together? Tell me what you like about the red eyed. His good looks and peacefulness? Is it safe to handle the White's a little more than Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's?
    I learned the hard way. Never keep different species in the same terrarium. As for why everyone picked the white's, I would guess its because as beautiful as the Red Eyed Tree Frogs are, they normally stay hidden/asleep. I had two and they were active from about midnight to 2:30 or 3, other than that they would stay all tucked up in a corner or behind some leaves. Also Red Eyed's are a little more temperamental when it comes to their environment. Humidity and cleanliness are important for any frog but Red Eyed's are much less tolerant to fluctuations in temperature and humidity. On the other hand my white's (Maurice) Is almost always active. He uses every "feature" in his terrarium, he doesn't freak out or hop away when I spray, change the water in his bowl, or dump in some crickets. He is even cool with being handled (although I only pick him up occasionally) Also white's tree frogs grow to be a pretty good size id say 3 inches or so, I'm sure most people don't care, but I think big frogs are cool.

GRATIOSA

I had to go for the red eyed. i like animals that climb and live i trees. if the poison dart frog was a tree frog then i would of voted for dart frog.

Andry

Thanks, I did finally decide and got the red eye tree frogs. As little as I have gotten to see them awake, I get so excited when they are. I watch their every move. I like them a lot and I hope I never get bored with them.

Whites tree frogs sound like fun and I think I will consider them as my future frogs and enjoy my RETF's for their lifespan. (I know RETS's don't last more than a few years...) Thanks!

Kurt

Some darts do climb very well and breed off of the ground.

Thread Information