Thread: Bob is huge lol

FLUXCORE

Default Bob is huge lol

Been a while since I posted picks of my frog, aquired him at the end of October at 3 months old so now he is about a year old, got a tape on him last night and he is 8 1/2 long!! He is in a HUGE tank and eats a very well rounded diet of dew worms, giant horn worms, superworms and rat pups dusted with calcium & multi vitimin once a month he eats every 4 days. He has been shedding skin like crazy this week so I'm not sure when he will be done growing anyone know when he will top out?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Bob is huge lol

Quote Originally Posted by FLUXCORE View Post
    Been a while since I posted picks of my frog, aquired him at the end of October at 3 months old so now he is about a year old, got a tape on him last night and he is 8 1/2 long!! He is in a HUGE tank and eats a very well rounded diet of dew worms, giant horn worms, superworms and rat pups dusted with calcium & multi vitimin once a month he eats every 4 days. He has been shedding skin like crazy this week so I'm not sure when he will be done growing anyone know when he will top out?
    Congrats!!

FYI frogs don't shed to grow like insects, snakes, and most reptiles. Its more of a means of cleaning themselves, but that doesn't mean shedding more isn't a sign of further growth.

FLUXCORE

Ahhh good to know, I'm going to post some pics after dinner so stay tuned. He must be close to topping out soon, I'm more then happy with him now and have no interest in buying a larger enclosure. Funny thing is my buddy has a massive guy to and it's going on 6 years old, he mentioned all the biggest ones he's seen seem to have two large bumps on their heads just behind the eyes (like his) and mine has only small ones so that's a first for him. Also he mentioned such fast growth can be counter productive in the length they live ? He allows his frog to estivate 4-5 months a year. On advise I get around here that can be dangerous so I haven't let his tank dry up and him to burrow down for a nap.....should I ?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by FLUXCORE View Post
    Ahhh good to know, I'm going to post some pics after dinner so stay tuned. He must be close to topping out soon, I'm more then happy with him now and have no interest in buying a larger enclosure. Funny thing is my buddy has a massive guy to and it's going on 6 years old, he mentioned all the biggest ones he's seen seem to have two large bumps on their heads just behind the eyes (like his) and mine has only small ones so that's a first for him. Also he mentioned such fast growth can be counter productive in the length they live ? He allows his frog to estivate 4-5 months a year. On advise I get around here that can be dangerous so I haven't let his tank dry up and him to burrow down for a nap.....should I ?
    I believe that they need the rest in order to reach their full potential, but aestivation is not necessary in captivity and can be very dangerous if allowed by an inexperienced keeper. If he goes down on his own let him, but keep a close eye on him. Most will try to aestivate even if conditions are kept correct so he may still go down eventually. Just go with the flow.

By the way I have a male with the potential for massive size. He is 6" at 3.5 months old. Still has his baby colors too. Scary stuff Lol!

FLUXCORE

Here is my guy at a couple of months still is his baby colours, ill try and get those pics up tonight

Thread Information