Thread: A Little bug problem...

aegillesp

Default A Little bug problem...

I cleaned Laputa and Marven's tank today and I found I'd say close to 50-100 tiny little white worms over EVERYTHING! I know they are gnat babies and they've NEVER been this big of an issue. How do I control these stupid little worms and will they affect my little frogs? I inspected both of them and I didn't see any blemishes, but I'm worried about internal worm issues. I've usually only found one or two of them, but today, holy ****!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

maxQ

Default A Little bug problem...

Wow, I'm having an issue with Ants in one of my Enclosures, in fact I just posted about it before seeing your post. I called a friend of mine who's an exterminator and he told me my issue with Ants it due to a lot of rain followed by a heat wave here on the East Coast, maybe its the same for you. I hope you get your issue resolved and that your Gnats and my Ants are not a problem.

Using Tapatalk

aegillesp

Default Re: A Little bug problem...

well, I didn't get any replies so I took the initiative to call my vet and he didn't say anything about it being harmful to my frogs. He did say that 1. If they are eating the gnats/gnat larvae then it lowers my feeding costs, because they they wouldn't be eating much, and 2. to just clean everything out and I can cover the tank with mesh cloth to keep the little gnats out. That was about it from the doc, so I'm not going to worry too much about the gnats, but I'm still going to try and keep them out. when I took a piece of decor out, I think it had about 50-75 worms on it, gross!!

I suppose if your ants aren't attacking your frogs you should be OK? I might call a trusted vet if you have one.

Thread Information