Thread: African Dwarf Frog Eggs/Tadpoles

Missing

Default African Dwarf Frog Eggs/Tadpoles

My African Dwarf Frogs laid eggs 4 days ago. I moved them to their own tank by scooping them in a cup and placing the cup in the new tank. On the second day, I noticed movement in the eggs. They looked like little commas encased in a clear white 'bubble' that would sometimes wiggle around. The third day (yesterday) after not seeing movement for a very long time, I noticed one little tadpole swimming across the glass, but I soon lost him when I called to show my husband.

Now today, day four, I haven't seen any other movement than I did on the second day, and the one swimming yesterday. Have they all died? They are all still in that little clear 'bubble', and I have no idea where that one swimmer is.

It's been quite hot here, so sometimes the tank was upward of 30C (86F) but I've tried my best to keep it around 26C (80F) Was it too hot? I read they should have hatched 24-36 hours, so 96 hours later, I'm a little concerned. I'm aware the odds of them actually reaching adulthood was slim, but I'm disappointed I couldn't even get them hatched out and swimming in the least.

Edit: Oops! I just noticed there is a forum for these guys. I read African Clawed Frog but didn't read the description. Sorry about that!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information