Thread: Supplementing my ACF's diet

RockyGurly

Question Supplementing my ACF's diet

Hi all!
    Thanks to everyone's wonderful help, my ACF is eating really well! He's even come up to weight since I got him. He'll eat 2 pellets every night or every other night, but I think he'd eat more if I let him (just worried about over-feeding, unless I shouldn't be?)
    Anyways I'd like to make sure he's getting everything he needs. I especially worry about MBD with all my herps and I have a calcium supplement with D3 added to dust food in. I was wondering what kind of feeder insects I can offer him, how often, and how often I should be dusting? I have mealworms, night crawlers (he loves those) crickets and isopods.
    Also as a random side note, if anyone has cresties, what do you supplement with? I serve mine (along with her CGD) mushed up mango or peach or banana, and the occasional dusted cricket.
    Oh, also a picture of his setup as of late so far he's been loving the plants, I've managed to keep them all mostly alive (thank god) but the anubia is doing particularly well and growing like crazy. I've added a new leafy looking plant since these pictures that he likes to rest on
    Name:  008.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  101.9 KBName:  007.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  97.4 KB
    (Yea, I have to get rid of all the ugly stickers on the tank. The kid who had him before covered the tank in crud)
    Anyways, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Besides my crestie, I'm still getting the hang of herps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RockyGurly

Default Re: Supplementing my ACF's diet

Also, an odd observation, but his eyesight seems to be awful. It takes him 3 or 4 tries before he gets a pellet, and I have to keep pushing it back in front of him.
    I'm not sure if this just comes with the species, or if I should chalk it up to his eyes being damaged from being in dirty (filthy, disgusting) water for the last four years with his previous owner.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Supplementing my ACF's diet

They all have basically terrible eyesight lol I wouldn't worry about calcium or vitamin supplements. They only way to really get them into the frog without the dust washing off would be to inject it into the feeders with a syringe. The pellets will contain a good amount of vitamins and what not, and nightcrawlers and crickets are your best bet for live feeders. Avoid mealworms unless freshly molted and Idk about isopods, i probably wouldn't bother.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Thread Information