Thread: All water

Roidrage

Default All water

Im Goinh all water for à While now. Is there Any fish i should awoid as à snack? Happy With setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: All water

yes pretty much all feeder fish that is out there with a few exceptions, why do you keep it in a water set up, they need substrate and water area too.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

4. This member thanks Lija for this post:

SCF

I'm glad you were the first to bring this up Lija. I will follow your lead. African Bullfrogs are not classified, nor found in nature as an aquatic species or even semi aquatic. Their needs cannot be fully met with an all water setup.

Now take a semi-aquatic species for example, Fire Bellied Toads. They will not die if they are kept in moist substrate, are their needs fully met, not so much. I could go on and on with examples of how animals will survive in different instances, but the fact still remains; you may have short term success with an all water setup, but are you really meeting the animals needs? It does not have a choice on how you house it.

As far as fish go, I personally would only use fish that I bred myself. Most fish obtained from pet stores are a vector for parasites/communicable diseases.

Roidrage

Yes im FULLY aware of all water all the time is not good, Therefore i write "for a while! Juni/juli/august then back to normal. The feeding response is insane....he pooped like crazy because he have to move some more. Hes feeding behavior i ridiculios...strikes at ANYTHING and hes been in there for 1 day! Alwats Watching and alert and not in a stressful mode believe me i see difference.

Extreme differnece in the feeding mode. Before he was ALWAYS in the waterbowl just hanging there kind of slow. New frog in this setup. Gonna go for a while and the fish is for decorations/snack so wont give him many.

Been keeping bullfrogs for some years now and this is the most fun experience so far, he even got me in the hand because i was so chocked how "alert" he is! Just great.

Cheers

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

it still doesn't sound good to me, why to keep like that even for a while? are you at least completely changing all water every day? they need 50/50 (substrate/water), your set up even for a while not for african bullfrogs.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information