Thread: 50 Gallon Habitat

Phoenyx

Default 50 Gallon Habitat

How many inhabitants would you guys feel comfortable with living in a 50 gallon tank??? I currently have 6 (just added two to main tank yesterday).. And although the new guys seem to already be settling in well, I am not so sure I wanna keep all six together... I am of the belief that, in most cases, the more space the better ( Absolutely HATE overcrowding)....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Fluffy Injun

Everyone told me 5 gal per frog for FBT, so with a 50 gal I would guess 10? I'm sure someone else will have a definite answer though.

Phoenyx

Default Re: 50 Gallon Habitat

Quote Originally Posted by The Fluffy Injun View Post
    Everyone told me 5 gal per frog for FBT, so with a 50 gal I would guess 10? I'm sure someone else will have a definite answer though.
    I understand what the average is, but was looking for more of an overall what do you (individually) believe is an appropriate amount.... ex: Do you stick with the 5g per frog or do you prefer to give them extra???

The Fluffy Injun

I usually stuck with 5 per gal. What I really read was 1 per 4-5 gal and used the bigger thus less critters.

6. This member thanks The Fluffy Injun for this post:

EmJay

I've recently heard a lot of "5 gallons per frog minimum, 10 gallons per frog is better". I'm guessing it's similar for toads?

Personally, depending on how much of the habitat is taken up by foliage-n-furniture, I'm hoping to buy around 1:15, but will probably have to settle for 1:10, based on cost & availability. (I keep getting mixed up in the planning because our local measurements are metric, and this board and much of the online info is in imperial measurements, ha!)

Phoenyx

Quote Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
    I've recently heard a lot of "5 gallons per frog minimum, 10 gallons per frog is better". I'm guessing it's similar for toads?

Personally, depending on how much of the habitat is taken up by foliage-n-furniture, I'm hoping to buy around 1:15, but will probably have to settle for 1:10, based on cost & availability. (I keep getting mixed up in the planning because our local measurements are metric, and this board and much of the online info is in imperial measurements, ha!)
    Give or take I think I'm at a 1:7 ratio????

Thread Information