Thread: screen top for a odd 20 gallon

kwandrsn

Default screen top for a odd 20 gallon

Ok I am getting a 20 gallon tank given to me. the dimensions are like 24"L x 10"W x 20"H give or take a little. I actually think it's like 24.5" wide or something not sure until I actually measure it myself.

where could I find a screen for it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

maxQ

Default Re: screen top for a odd 20 gallon

I have ran into the same issue with my 18x18 cube enclosure. I couldn't find one so I went to my local hardware store, constructed one out of light weight angle iron and screen then painted it and it looks good...just an idea.

demon amphibians

Quote Originally Posted by maxQ View Post
    I have ran into the same issue with my 18x18 cube enclosure. I couldn't find one so I went to my local hardware store, constructed one out of light weight angle iron and screen then painted it and it looks good...just an idea.
    that is a good idea. i just bought about 54 square feet of screen for 5 bucks. It would be cheaper to make your own than going on a hunt for one that will fit. and it will take 15 minutes to make.

Quote Originally Posted by demon amphibians View Post
    that is a good idea. i just bought about 54 square feet of screen for 5 bucks. It would be cheaper to make your own than going on a hunt for one that will fit. and it will take 15 minutes to make.
    I did the same for my 10.5 gallon tanks. Dimensions were a bit off seeing as there was no ready-made enclosure (45cmx30cmx32cm) so I grabbed 10 feet worth of aluminium L-angle for like 2USD (thank the frog gods that Malaysia is a manufacturer) and 180cmx90cm worth of fiber-glass mesh for 6USD. A bit of hot glue later and voila! 2 custom made screen tops. Far cheaper than any commercially made ones.
    "Those among us who are keepers (yes, I am one) owe each and every animal, be their cost mere pennies or thousands of dollars, the best of conditions and care. Research each species before acquisition, and then acquire only those that you can care for adequately and with relative ease." - Richard Bartlett

Thread Information