Thread: When does a Grey Tree Froglet start eating??

adzw

Default When does a Grey Tree Froglet start eating??

My Grey Tree Froglet morphed a few days ago and he just has a wee nubbin of a tail left, but he has shown no interest in the wingless fruit flies that have, literally, crawled right up to him and he has flicked them away... He's just hanging out at the very top of his tank, I mist him/the tank very gently with pond water once a day and there is a little soaking dish for him, and lots of thick twisted grapevines for him to climb on, but he just basically clings to one spot and hangs out. He will move around occasionally but he's not active by any means...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: When does a Grey Tree Froglet start eating??

Quote Originally Posted by adzw View Post
    My Grey Tree Froglet morphed a few days ago and he just has a wee nubbin of a tail left, but he has shown no interest in the wingless fruit flies that have, literally, crawled right up to him and he has flicked them away... He's just hanging out at the very top of his tank, I mist him/the tank very gently with pond water once a day and there is a little soaking dish for him, and lots of thick twisted grapevines for him to climb on, but he just basically clings to one spot and hangs out. He will move around occasionally but he's not active by any means...
    This sounds normal. Eating doesn't usually resume in frogs until the tail is completely gone. At this stage, just make sure food available to the froglet so it can commence eating when it's ready.

4. This member thanks UncleChester for this post:

Thread Information