Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone curious about breeding pixie frogs in captivity? Breeding pixie frog project.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Anyone curious about breeding pixie frogs in captivity? Breeding pixie frog p...

Alright everyone has valid points here.

Now I have to come in though and point out that if you did indeed create a second account and still have one active here it is a violation of forum policy and either they will have to be merged or one deleted. So you need to figure this out so it can be taken care of. This is a warning.

Best Regards
    Jerrod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

SCF

Default Re: Anyone curious about breeding pixie frogs in captivity? Breeding pixie frog p...

I'm taking it we are not getting any more updates?

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Exotic Herps has been asking me Alot of questions on how to breed Red eyes as well. I have a question for you as well. Why are you trying to breed so many different types of frogs at once? Are you trying to become a business? What are your intentions. IF I were you.... "I would focus on ONE SPECIES AT A TIME". Some people will mix information up on the 2 different species (assuming thats all your trying to breed right now) and it could be devistating for the frog. Dedicate your Time on breeding ONE SPECIES at a time. Also SHAME on you for trying to breed subadults. WAIT FOR THE CORRECT AGE. Very possible if you breed earlier your going to get eggs that are unfertile or deformed. If you want breeders buy a breeding pair. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Corey, it is pretty simple, young, immature and irresponsible guy wants to make big $ and he couldn't care less about the frogs themselves. we tried to reason, didn't happen.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

6. This member thanks Lija for this post:

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

There is no BIG money in breeding these species. This thread kinda upset me. Im all about teaching people to breed their own frogs for the health and survival of them and even save the owner money to prevent buying more of what they love. I can see making a business of out it, but hes just going about it the wrong way. By no means I am an expert but the best place to start is to learn proper husbandry of the frogs. THEN move onto breeding... That being said. Get them as EGGS...raise the tadpoles and raise all the way from froglet ...juvenile....subadult...to adult. ONCE YOU HAVE MASTERED ALL THOSE STAGES with minimal losses I think you would be a good candidate to breed and sell and become reputable. All honesty i wish him the best of luck, because I never wish bad on anyone. However I hope he takes my suggestions seriously. No need for 2 names. If you have a bad rep to start..LEARN FROM IT...take in the suggestions. Then once people see you actually take the suggestions in...OWN UP TO THEM and make changes...people will realize you actually do care for the health and well being of the frogs. Learn from your mistakes, overcome them. No ones perfect at first.

8. This member thanks CJ PELCHER for this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information