Thread: Still trying to 100% ID my cuties but thought id show how well they are growing!

Kara Bellamy

Talking Still trying to 100% ID my cuties but thought id show how well they are growing!

Ive named them for now Leo and Ninja XD there such joys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bgabler

Default Re: Still trying to 100% ID my cuties but thought id show how well they are growing!

Based on the top photo (not knowing the size of the frog) it could be a Spotted Chorus Frog or maybe a Cricket Frog.

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Still trying to 100% ID my cuties but thought id show how well they are growing!

I would cancel out Cricket frog. The slimness of the body and eyes of these frogs don't match them.

You definitely have some kind of Tree frog. A spotted Chorus frog is a possibility. Either way, they're going to be great fun to care for!

I would, for now, follow the instructions on this article. Most Chorus frogs' care is similar, and I'm expecting your species care will be similar to that of the Pacific Chorus frog : Frog Forum - Pacific Chorus Frog

A 10 or 15 Gallon should suffice for now. As for substrate, Coconut Fiber, also known as Plantation Soil, would be the best choice. I would give them some fake plants to climb on, as well as a preferably forest or jungle aquarium background for the back and sides of the tank. Most of all, MAKE SURE THE LID IS SECURE!!! Treefrogs are master escape artists. I would give them a lot of climbing area, and maybe some sticks (with no sharp points) to climb on. A water bowl will suffice, just refresh 100% of the water every other day. Make sure the water you use is dechlorinated and conditioned, or else it will harm your frogs.

For feeding, I would feed them crickets no bigger than the space between their eyes. I strongly recommend picking up some Reptile Calcium Powder and Multi-Vitamin Powder, and dusting the crickets once a week with each supplement (though not on the same day as each other!)
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

Kara Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnag the nameless View Post
    I would cancel out Cricket frog. The slimness of the body and eyes of these frogs don't match them.

You definitely have some kind of Tree frog. A spotted Chorus frog is a possibility. Either way, they're going to be great fun to care for!

I would, for now, follow the instructions on this article. Most Chorus frogs' care is similar, and I'm expecting your species care will be similar to that of the Pacific Chorus frog : Frog Forum - Pacific Chorus Frog

A 10 or 15 Gallon should suffice for now. As for substrate, Coconut Fiber, also known as Plantation Soil, would be the best choice. I would give them some fake plants to climb on, as well as a preferably forest or jungle aquarium background for the back and sides of the tank. Most of all, MAKE SURE THE LID IS SECURE!!! Treefrogs are master escape artists. I would give them a lot of climbing area, and maybe some sticks (with no sharp points) to climb on. A water bowl will suffice, just refresh 100% of the water every other day. Make sure the water you use is dechlorinated and conditioned, or else it will harm your frogs.

For feeding, I would feed them crickets no bigger than the space between their eyes. I strongly recommend picking up some Reptile Calcium Powder and Multi-Vitamin Powder, and dusting the crickets once a week with each supplement (though not on the same day as each other!)

Ty for the tips I do dust n they get sm crickets ATM theve a small water owl and climbing vines in a 2.5 gal when I can get a better setup there moving ATM ninja is maby max 3/4 to 1 inch the leopard looking one I'd say 1.5 2 max if even that! There about 3 weeks old, from friends colony having green tree leopard frogs firebelly toads spring peepers and unshure if missing any

Namio

Where did you get the frogs from? Like Caspian said, they are most likely a tree frog of some sort. They look possibly Cuban tree frogs.

Kara Bellamy

They are babies from my friends collony He has tree frogs, spring peepers, leopard frogs, firebelly toads and others but he was unshure wich clutch bred Either way as it is. Im so in love with them there growing so fast and so happy and lively

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

They look like cuban tree frogs, cute little guys!

Kara Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by badkelpie View Post
    They look like cuban tree frogs, cute little guys!

Its just the one now sadly unshure whta happened to my toad and other tree but Leo is a little eating machine pics of her here still and I may get her a b uddy in time

Frogs Photos by moonstonewind | Photobucket

Thread Information