Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: skinny frog

Maverick

Default Re: skinny frog

My Maverick will not tong feed he is to shy and only eats at night.Even my pixie wont tong feed and he is a baby.Even when he is hungry he will not tong feed i try to give him night crawlets he's to scared.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

they are supposed to eat only at night hornworms you can order over internet, there are a lot of people and companies that are selling them. you can get dubia roaches too, they're easy to breed and once you have a colony going you won't need to buy them again. You can try to tong feed him, rub his mouth a little with a worm, but later, give him a break now and leave him be, too many things are happening for him now..
    how many crickets would be eat at once and how often? can you post pic of him so the whole body is visible.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Maverick

I honestly dont know how many crickets he eats but he prob eats a few.plus i can only feed him crickets.and is it okay to poke his mouth to give him a nightcrawler bc if i Name:  IMAG1128.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  36.2 KBleave it out he wont get it by himself.

Maverick

Can i give him a small $3.?? Mouse

Nationality
    [Canada]

yes it is ok to poke his mouth gently, i emphasize the word gently , just rub his mouth gently, most will grab whatever is it, that is one of the ways to tong train them.
    your frog doesn't look skinny or that he needs some additional nutrition. whatever amount he eats right now is obviously enough, he doesn't need more, they are pretty good in regulating their food intake, so as long as he is eating and eating healthy food, no need to worry.
    just don't annoy him and he will be just fine.
    you can give a f/t fuzzy if you want, I never advise on feeding live.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Maverick

I just got really worried bc he doesn't really eat but he is fat.He is about 3-4 months so how long can a PAC his size go without eating?

My frog only eats at night also. Here is what I do to spike his appetite. .. First I turn out all the lights for a littlewhile. Then I spike the humidity up with a good misting/fogging. Give it a few more minutes then my frog will dig himself up and be ready to eat. That was how I was able to get him to tong feed dusted nightcrawlers. Make sure you are as quiet as possible while getting the worms ready so you don't startle your frog. From what I understand this is normal pacman frog behavior. At least for C. Cranwellis. Also I recommend reading some of the old forums here. I learned how to take care of my frog mostly from other peoples expieriences on these same forums.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I just got really worried bc he doesn't really eat but he is fat.He is about 3-4 months so how long can a PAC his size go without eating?
    no, he is older then that, he is adult size, he is at least 5-6 month old, he can go for 4-7 days without food easily. yes he is fat, exactly like he should be, meaning whatever amount of food he gets is enough, adult frogs only need food to maintain their body, they don't grow, thus don't need as much food. don't worry he is just fine

Maverick

When i bought him the pet store said he was a baby and that was a month ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information