Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions I have. I recently am a new owner to 2 Red Eyed Tree Frogs (possible boy and girl) I purchased on sunday. When I picked them out they both looked healthy not too skinny bellies looked good free of red/pink coloration. I noticed last night and again tonight that when they are awake and moving around in the terrarium their bellies turn red, but earlier today just before I went to work the belly of one of them was white while he was sleep up on the glass. I do not think it is septicemia as you would think they red coloration would be there all the time. I don't THINK it would be Red leg disease from the few pictures I have been able to find. Before I got these little guys I had a Green Tree frog in there ( sadly he must have jumped out during a feeding over a month ago and was never found ) I am a vet nurse at an exotics clinic so knowing what I do know I took apart the tank and cleaned everything. I cleaned the glass with vinegar and water, I took out all plants and soaked them in some dish soap then rinsed in the shower very well (at least I think so) I replaced the exo terra moss matt. There is also an exo terra waterfall in the tank that I cleaned out in the soap water and the rest I just rubbed down with the water and vinegar solution. I have an exo terra monsoon which has been keeping humidity at 85%. Day time temp is about 78F. I am at a loss as to what could cause these little guys to turn red when they are awake? Is t just the stress of a new environment? Could it potentially be what I used to clean with tanks with? If so wouldn't they be red when they are sleeping too? I have also noted when they are sleeping they are a lime green but so far when they have been awake they are fairly dark green. Which I have red could be due to stress or blending in with the environment. We have also fed these guys the last 2 nights and from what I can see all crickets have been eaten, so I think it is safe to say they are eating. Any help would be great. I am willing to take them into work with me to have a vet look at them but if it is simply something I can fix at home without having to stress them out more right now that would be great Here is a picture of the tank setupName:  IMG_0513.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  85.4 KB