Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whites tree frog nose rubbing

XmusJaxonFlaxonWaxon

Default Whites tree frog nose rubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    that is what we need to figure out, something is obviously is not right and stressing them out. But right now you gotta treat their noses, because untreated it might go to septicemia = death. fecal test gotta be done to rule out possible problem here. and step by step we should get out of all "possible" until we solve the problem. age might be a factor here too, with age body resistance to certain things are going down, same as for any other species I'd think. please don't get offended by questions, I'm trying to check out all points that might have caused this.
    what type of light bulb exactly are you using, what percentage of UVB?
    I'm not getting offended by questions..I'm giving straight up answers. Nothing really has changed! It may just be age, like you said, but I'm not sure. Im worried since i have no clue what the issue is, so i appreciate the help.Bulb is a zoo med reptisun 5.0 UVB. Btw, how would I administer the cream?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Whites tree frog nose rubbing

that's good then, for not being offended
    you gotta put them in separate hospital set ups with wet papertowels, keep it all very clean. then get that cream making sure you read all ingredients and it doesn't contain painkillers of any sort and then just put some on a wounds a few times a day.

light is ok, check mark here too
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

XmusJaxonFlaxonWaxon

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    that's good then, for not being offended
    you gotta put them in separate hospital set ups with wet papertowels, keep it all very clean. then get that cream making sure you read all ingredients and it doesn't contain painkillers of any sort and then just put some on a wounds a few times a day.

light is ok, check mark here too
    Ok, thanks for the help! I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can help them out.

josh

Quote Originally Posted by XmusJaxonFlaxonWaxon View Post
    Ok, thanks for the help! I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can help them out.
    What ever happened to them. I have a male pair of whites that recently started doing this. What us it

Frogger00

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    What ever happened to them. I have a male pair of whites that recently started doing this. What us it
    Mine have been doing this too. I think it's the time of year(mating season) because I've heard that other people's frogs are doing this too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I wonder how they are now too. One of my males, Honey-Lime, who is likely around a year of age now (2014 spring spawn I believe), is on his 2nd round of weirdness in this way since around the first week in February. He has a female in with him, but there's been no interest in amplexus between the two; the only other females I have cannot be placed in with him, or vice versa, because they are being treated for stronglyoides, so that's not happening. My second male, who is a little guy and hasn't grown hardly at all (he's maybe 1 1/2" as a young adult) is perfectly calm as far as I know, and hasn't been acting strange. He lives by himself right now.
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

BrittsBugs

Okay, to start. Sides covered and top covered. Try a more sterile setup opposed to giving them real plants. Less risk of any illnesses that are plant related. Next, nose running is a behavior exhibited when they're not getting proper vitamins, 12-12 day/night cycle, and improper heat and lighting with WTFs is not highly advised nor is heating lamps, unless your house temperature doesn't sit right for them runs too cold. Also, their are various colors whites come in. They can be both green or blue. As well as an olive green to a bright yellow or neon green. They may also be a dark purple almost black, and lots of white spots are sparse white spots are very common.

Anyone who states otherwise should probably go look at Mike's phat Frogs and Sandfire Dragon Care. Inc

There's also a proper WTF setup on Josh's Frogs.

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrittsBugs View Post
    There's also a proper Whites Tree Frog setup on Josh's Frogs.
    What about the one here on frog forum?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Um, y'all know we're posting on a thread that's two years old... right?
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

Frogger00

Quote Originally Posted by irThumper View Post
    Um, y'all know we're posting on a thread that's two years old... right?
    Lol yup, but I don't think BrittsBugs does...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Heh, I made the same mistake when I first joined
    Mom to these fine frogs!

13. This member thanks irThumper for this post:

BrittsBugs

No, I'm perfectly aware. There's plenty of false information in a lot of misinformation on a number of questions through these forums. Lol, I was too disturbed and irritated at the lack of current information and no updates to any subjects that were of major concern two years ago. To not join and correct much of this unknown mystery knowledge. And many care sheets are riddled with incorrect care information. I joined late at night so I haven't looked it over yet. Hopefully it's much more up to par then any care sheet available via a google search. AUS White's are a very hardy bunch of frogs, but I am fully against the opinion they are a beginners frogs. I have one I took in from a child almost three years ago had worms badly, and seems to have been bred in poor conditions, little guys poor toes are all connected while some fingers appear to be just missing. And the recent plethora of breeders who now possess multiple morphs as well as a huge jump in the price it use to cost to purchase them, that I am glad to see. (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information