Thread: Amphibian Supplies in the United Kingdom

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Amphibian Supplies in the United Kingdom

Bill (deranged chipmunk) recommended we put together a little list of our favourite places to get our bits from to aid each other, I'll list one's I've used and one's I've heard nothing but good things about, i may have missed some, feel free to add some of your own

Terrariums/Vivariums

I got my Exo Terra From Snake, Lizard, Tortoise and Terrapin Supplies, Vivariums and Terrariums and they are very cheap, usually have an offer on getting an exo hood half price with the terrarium. You can also get them from Dartfrog - Vivaria and Vivariums . Rainforest Vivariums also can give you a quote for a Pre-planted Viv and they look absolutely stunning, the guys a genius.

Building Supplies

I used this website for the black expanding pond foam - Black Waterfall Expanding Foam
    Cheap HA6 Aquarium Silicone - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bond-It-Adhe...s=ha6+silicone
    Titebond III wood glue - http://www.amazon.co.uk/TITEBOND-III...rds=titebond+3

Most other things are available from Dartfrog, they sell rockoflex and elastopur which was designed by our Dutch counterpart hobbyists. They sell a great selection of wood in many different shapes and sizes, the Sumba Veined Vines are absolutely stunning.

Swell reptiles ( Vivariums, Reptile Supplies & Live Food | Swell Reptiles )is also the cheapest place for bits of bogwood and sumatra.

Also i would suggest Gorrilla Glue, i can pick this up cheap where i work, imagine its universally available

Aquaessentials also sell wood, and with this site you can pick your wood http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/aquascaping-decor-wood-c-545_11_238.html?zenid=686edb561186a6a84059a27f6dc4 9ce8

Substrate, Custodians, Plants and Moss

You can get this from Dartfrog and a fair few other shops online, however in my experience Swell ( Reptile Sand & Substrates | Swell Reptiles ) is by far the cheapest supplier for this stuff, and they deliver rather quickly.

Rainforest vivs Plants - have some great plants and are the only shop supplying Bromeliads from a well respected "breeder"

Terraworld Houseplant, terrarium items in Terra World Tropicals store on eBay! - seller on ebay, again i've not ordered from them but have seen nothing but good reviews on the uk forums about them

Justairplants Just Airplants - not ordered from these either but they come highly recommended and i will probably get some from here on future builds

i used Mosses | Buy Mosses Online for my moss, i made i kind of moss slurry by blending several types together

2. This member thanks Meefloaf for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DartfrogDan

Default Re: Amphibian Supplies in the United Kingdom

may i also suggest http://www.rickslivefood.co.uk/vmchk.html,i ordered most of my cultures and custiodions from them and i will be getting some more very soon

Thread Information